Regain after a few years out

obsessedoveranumbe
r

on 10/19/12 2:47 am, edited 10/17/12 2:51 am
I have gained about weight. very quickly without really realizing it due to having another henia operaion and being out of work. Now none of my clothes fit and I have a gut and thunder thighs. I was at 118 on a 5'4 frame which looked very good. Now I weigh I 162. HELP! I REFUSE TO BE ONE OF THOSE PATIENTS WHO GAIN ALL THEIR WEIGHHT BACK. 
 PLEASE ADVISE ME AS TO HOW TO LOSE THIS AND NOT FALL INTO THIS TRAP AGAIN OF SNACKING OUT OF BOREDOM.
MyLady Heidi
on 10/19/12 2:55 am
Eat less and move more.  If you know what you do wrong, which everyone does, stop doing it.  Find a way to make yourself stop.  There is no food police, no one going to swoop in and hold you hostage in your bed at night so you can't snack.  You have to drum up the will power.  Its not easy but nothing worthwhile ever is.  That is half the problem with wls, it is too easy for quite a while, when it gets hard people don't know how to hand it.  It will always get hard, for everyone, don't believe the hype about one wls being better then another that you won't regain.  There isn't a wls on earth that allows you to eat a pint of ice cream a day without loads of regain.  If there was that would have been the one for me.

Good Luck!
Laura in Texas
on 10/19/12 9:53 pm
Exactly!! Well said, Heidi!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Ruth S.
on 10/19/12 12:59 pm - Orlando, FL
I have to agree with MyLady....ONLY you are accountable for you!!!  You had the opportunity to have this tool of getting the surgery and got off the weight and now you're "complaining" how things have gotten of which YOU have allowed to happen.  You need to wake up and get off your feet....join a gym, eat healthier snacks or get some counseling if necessary.  Go to weigh****chers which is portion control foods. You CAN do this!! There is nothing worse than a  "whoa is me" attitude. If you have no medical issue that prevent you from walking...you can work at take morning or afternoon strolls instead of snacking during boring times.  GET up and move!!  Hugs!
Ruth S.
Laura in Texas
on 10/19/12 9:52 pm
Yep. I agree with the others. Stop making excuses. Eat less and move more. It's not magic.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/12 3:08 am - WA
join myfitnesspal.com   you will find others to share and encourage you to lose the weight again. I regained my weight and am now working on losing it. Alot of people here have a revision surgery due to weight gain also. Check your options, decide which direction you want to go and know that there are people who will support and encourage you in which ever path you choose. Either way it will not be easy but it can be done. If you join myfitnesspal try the TDEE way first it will be easier for you to stick to.
I am here for you if you need some encouragement.
Most Active