Minor changes to header and messageboard posting

Shravan Panyam
on 11/20/12 3:26 am - Irvine, CA

We have just launched a couple of neat changes to the site:

Reworked Header
The header for the site has been slightly reworked, making it easier to search for professionals across the country. You can now search by location, professional type, and zip code directly from the header. If you want to simply go to the professional map, select 'Map' and your desired professional type, then click 'Go'.

Additionally, Search, Messages, and "My Account" have been integrated into the menu bar. What was previously "My OH" has been renamed to "My Account", and "My History" has been renamed to "Surgery History" to make it easier to understand. 

Snazzy New Editor for the Forums
HTML Editor #1 has been upgraded to the latest version. Previously, it used something called "FCK Editor", which has been upgraded to its newer counterpart, "CKeditor".

Along with this change, all of you get a couple of new toys to play with:

1. First off, you are now able to create numbered lists and bullet lists in all of your posts! You will see two new buttons for that up top.
  2. Secondly, the spell checker is now always on and works automatically as you type. As you keep typing, any wrong spellings get underlined in red. To correct them, you just need to right click the word to see the options.

​Please let us know if you have any questions or doubts, and we look forward to hearing your feedback!

Regards,
ObesityHelp Team

ObesityHelp Developer

JJ_
on 10/25/12 8:16 pm

Thanks for the improvements :)

Tammy H.
on 10/25/12 11:34 pm - Greenville, OH

I love all the new changes, thank you!!!!

Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only TRUE FRIENDS will leave footprints in your heart...And may that friendship have such a ONENESS that when one weeps the other will taste salt...Friends are like balloons ; once you let them go you can't get them back....So I'm going to tie you to my heart so I never lose you.

Bonnie J.
on 10/27/12 7:52 am - NC
RNY on 01/24/13

I can't search the forums any more which I really miss.  When I click on Search it drops behind the Home, Articles Photos bar.  The same for Messages and My Account but only the first option is hidden for each of those.

Bonnie

Height - 5'7"  HW - 317  SW - 278  Goal - 159

Shravan Panyam
on 10/29/12 2:49 am - Irvine, CA

Hi, may I ask which internet browser you are using, and which version? 

ObesityHelp Developer

Bonnie J.
on 10/29/12 10:18 am - NC
RNY on 01/24/13

I have the problems with Firefox 16.0.2 which is the latest version.  The Search Messages and My Account appear above Home Articles Photos Forums Groups Health Tracker Community My Journey. 

However, if I use Chrome, it looks great.  The font is better with all the headers are on one bar and Search Register and Sign In are on the far right.

Bonnie

Height - 5'7"  HW - 317  SW - 278  Goal - 159

Shravan Panyam
on 10/29/12 2:46 pm - Irvine, CA

Very interesting. Are you on Windows? And if so, which version? I will definitely look into this.

ObesityHelp Developer

Most Active