vitamins

REININGCHICK
on 10/27/12 2:21 pm - AZ

does anyone else get sick off vitamins? like really bad headaches? i started back up taking my daily vitamins,  and now i have really severe headaches.......

slrm2m2
on 10/27/12 2:53 pm - Canada

Maybe switch brands?  Take a look at the ingredients...maybe you have a sensitivity to an ingredient in the vitamin pill?  They usually have some non-medicinal ingredients added into the formulation.  You could try a health food store to look for vitamins with different ingredients.

Good luck!

Sandy  Surgery Jan.18,2012 with Dr. Timothy Jackson at TWH.

MsBatt
on 10/27/12 3:08 pm

You "started back" taking them??? Why did you ever STOP???

Sorry, vitamins are non-negotiable. Suffer through.

Valerie G.
on 10/27/12 10:12 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Try spacing them out more, or eliminate one at a time from your daily regime to see if there is a change and you can start pinpointing which one is the problem.  It could very well be the brand, side-ingredient, etc.  I took a brand of Calcium Citrate that had some extra form of magnesium (that eases constipation for some) that gave me horrible acne.  I switched brands and the problem disappeared.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Ann M.
on 10/28/12 12:54 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

Where did you get your list of Vitamins??? I was told to talk to a

and then order from them the pre-op stuff I needed...well my surgery is scheduled for the 7th of Nov. and I ordered the stuff from that company on the 16th of Oct. and was sent an email that it was shipped on the 16th!! WELL, today is the 28th of Oct. and I still don't have the order. When I called on Wednesday to ask when to expect my order I was told it had not be shipped yet!!!

So I ended up at my local GNC and they have worked with many wls patients and told me what they recommended for pre-op and to come back and they would walk me through the entire process with me. Who knew!?!?!?

So As for my original question - who told you guys about vitamins and minerals, meal replacements, etc.???

None of the stuff Im taking has made me sick yet. They just leave that awful aftertaste in my mouth.

I'm so sorry yours is making you sick. Be very careful!

walterswife
on 10/28/12 9:58 am
Your surgeon's office should have explained the regimen. Have you taken the nutrition class yet?

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

REININGCHICK
on 10/28/12 9:39 am - AZ

i know i should of never stopped. i hated taking them, i got tired of shoving them down my throat.  i started them back up and before they never gave me any headaches, now they do. i did start up with wellness liquids and they gave me headaches, i got rid of them, now the pill form stuff gives me headaches.

Most Active