Hida scanning, I am sludgy.

Addie C.
on 11/15/12 11:23 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12

Well Tuesday I have to have a hida scan, I have had problems with my gallbladder for a long time now. I didn't realize that was what was wrong with me for years. Not sure what to expect. I really don't want any my surgery but I am sick of being sick and having the foamies all the time.

What can I expect?  

Hislady
on 11/15/12 1:58 pm - Vancouver, WA

You might want to also [post this on the VSG forum they can let you know more probably. GB surgery really isn't any big deal, mine would have been out patient if I didn't have a clotting disorder. Even so I just spent the night and went home early the next day. Plus you'll feel sooooooo much better with it gone.

mbentz
on 11/16/12 5:48 am - Somerset, PA

I see gall bladder surgery in your future.  As the previous poster said, not a big deal.  Mine was done out-patient.  In and out the same day!  Good luck!

HW 282  SW 270  GW 160  CW 150
songbird177
on 11/17/12 3:49 am - Carmichael, CA
DS on 12/03/12

I haven't had surgery yet but I have had both a hida scan and my gallbladder out.

I was feeling sick and in pain during the time they scheduled my hida scan, so my memory might be a bit foggy :P But I remember laying down and the tech injecting me with something and he said I might feel a little pain if the gallbladder doesn't work properly. If I remember right, they inject something to see how well the gallbladder functions. I did feel pain and nauseous. But as it turns out I also had an infection, so my problems could have been from that but it was an abnormal hida scan. I had acalculos choleysitis (sp?) which means no gallstones, it just stopped working for reasons unknown.

The test wasn't a big deal. The surgery wasn't either. I was released the same day as it was done laparoscopic.

Hope this helps :)

Addie C.
on 11/18/12 8:53 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12

Thanks everyone!!  I really appreciate the post and care from my OH friends! 

Most Active