Please serious responses only..Thank you..

ms_ella78
on 11/24/12 4:22 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 09/18/12

I'm 9 1/2 weeks post op wondering am I still supposed to eat so little. On Thanksgiving Day I put a spoon of this and that on my plate and was full after 3 bites of turkey 1 spoon or dressing and a spoon of potatoes. It felt like I ate an overstuffed plate. The next day I was trying to eat some leftover food and was only able to get down a few bites of turkey and dressing and I was okay i also ate 2 spoons of potato salad and I got full and dumped but I think it was the potato salad which I used the low fat mayo when I made it. so I'm not sure why that happened because I use the same mayo in my tuna. I read others profile and people that have had surgery around the same time I have can eat more than I can. So I guess my question is....Is something wrong with me???

Bette B.
on 11/24/12 4:42 am

I can't speak from the point of view of someone who had RNY, but you need to remember that everyone's experience is going to be different. There will always be people who are able to eat more (or less) than you, more or fewer different foods than you, etc. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

mbentz
on 11/24/12 4:50 am - Somerset, PA

At only 91/2 weeks out, I wouldn't expect you to be able to eat much more than what you described.  I'm 21/2 years out, and I could only eat a small portion of turkey.  Turkey is a very dense protein, and you will fill up on it very quickly.  Chicken does the same thing to me....fills me up after only a few bites.  Just remember to chew, chew, chew.  As for the potato salad,  i'm not sure what the deal is with that, but potato salad makes me sick also.  I can eat ANYTHING at this point, but potato salad does not agree with me.  Don't know why.  But I just choose to stay clear of it.  Everyone is different in how much and what they can eat at specific points in their journey.  Don't depend too much on what you read on others profiles.  You are you.  Your journey will be yours alone.  Enjoy and good luck..oh and Merry Christmas!  Is it too early to say that?  Lol.

HW 282  SW 270  GW 160  CW 150
harmerel194
on 11/24/12 4:53 am

I really don't think that there is anything wrong with you. I am a little more than 3 months out and there are still some days that I can not eat more than a couple bites of a  meal. You will find that some days you can eat more, and other days, not so much. The pouch is very temperamental like that! But I think that as long as you're capable of eating without getting sick, you're doing just fine! There will always be people who can eat more and different things than you. But if you're concerned, talk to your doctor! :)

Lori P.
on 11/24/12 4:59 am - Kenosha, WI

Sounds normal. 

I am 2 1/2 years out and I had about 5 bites of turkey, 2 bites of sweet potato and 2 bites of mashed potato.  It covered about 1/2 of a Child's plate and I tossed some out.

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

Amy R.
on 11/24/12 5:12 am

I'm almost 4 years out, so it's been awhile - but those amount sound completely "normal" to me.  I didn't even eat solids until my 9th week  out. 

ChristineB
on 11/24/12 5:18 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

I think that you are right on target for 9 1/2 weeks out. There is nothing wrong with you. With the 'tato salad maybe you did not chew good enough? Just a thought.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Valerie G.
on 11/24/12 7:57 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Be careful with potatoes.  They seem to go down much slower than other foods, and like others said, turkey and chicken tend to fill you up pretty fast.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Mary Catherine
on 11/24/12 9:30 am
Your appetite and capacity for food both come back. Someday you will be looking back on this time and wishing you we're still like that. Enjoy this phase and enjoy the lost weight.
anewbeginning2012
on 11/24/12 10:14 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

I'm 8 weeks out and if I eat the turkey first, I wouldn't be able to eat anything else because it sits heavier in my stomach. SO, I at a bite of stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies then was done. Later on I ate a bite or two of turkey, but that was it- It seems like if I eat Chicken, turkey, or pork- it sits in my stomach funny, like it fills me up too much even with just a little bit.

Kris        
Most Active