Anyone ever hear about the POSE procedure?

rainrain
on 12/4/12 7:11 am - Carlsbad, CA

Wondering if anyone has had or heard of the POSE procedure?

Amy T.
on 12/4/12 11:34 am - Labadieville, LA

I had the POSE procedure done November 2011.  I started out at 253.5 pounds and I am 195 pounds.  There are a lot of people who don't have lots of good things to say about it but I have done really well and it  all balls down to what YOU make of it.  It gave me the determination and motivation and that's all I needed. If I don't lose anymore weight , I am still happy! I chose that procedure because I wanted the least invasive thing done.  I have struggled for the past 10 years to lose what I gained in two pregnancies.  

butterflyvan
on 9/1/15 11:30 pm

How are you doing now? 

I was told 50% procedure  50% patient effort. I may get this done in September just waiting for the price etc. Would love to hear from other people . Do you know of any other discussions on the POSE. IT'S PRETTY NEW IN SPAIN And I'm finding it hard to find any success stories

butterflyvan
on 9/2/15 4:31 am

Hi Amy T.

I to am booked for the POSE and if I can lose 30 llbs Id be very happy. Id love to know how you are doing now. Also do you know of any other help groups or forums as this procedure is fairly new and not a lot of people are talking about it. Its good to hear a success story xx

Mary Catherine
on 12/4/12 11:05 pm

The coughing, sneezing, runny nose and general rundown feeling of a common cold is miserable, but does not seem very critical to a person who is in the midst of viral pneumonia.  People will say drink chicken soup, lots of fluids, keep warm and rested and you will be better soon.  They will tell you that a common cold is not serious enough for medical intervention.

The person who only has 20 or 30 pounds to lose will not seem very critical to the person who is carrying more than 100 excess pounds.  They will look at the lightweight and think why don't they just do on a diet and lose that 20 pounds.  The POSE procedure is for that common cold variety of overweight.  Some people just diet, exercise, and try everything and their body stays stuck at that extra 20 or 30 pounds.  The POSE procedure is not going to make much difference in a person's overall health and longevity, but could make a tremendous difference in self esteem.  Twenty pounds is often the difference between looking chubby and bloated or looking slim and fashionable.  

If a person has the financial resources and feels hindered by the extra 20 pounds, why not go for it.  I don't see any difference between that and any other vanity procedure.  

butterflyvan
on 9/1/15 11:33 pm

I agree. Each to their own

Come on POSE patients let's hear your stories

rrrr2016
on 1/10/17 12:22 am

As I scroll I notice that at the time of your posts you didnt get any replies. I can't help but wonder if it worked for you and others or not!

So eager to hear!

MsBatt
on 12/5/12 2:19 am
amyred27
on 12/5/12 4:51 am

Never heard of it

Sueslee
on 3/22/15 9:15 am

Does anyone know of a surgeon in Dallas, Texas who performs the POSE procedure?

thank you 

Most Active