I am 7 years post-op Rny

Texas Girl
on 12/19/12 2:27 am

Wow, sometimes I am so dense! I forget I have had surgery and have a pouch! I eat to much and feel bad!! does anyone have some tips on how they limit the amt. of food they can eat at one time? Its o.k. to be tough with me!!

devil

Jennifer M.
on 12/19/12 3:22 am - Casper, WY

No need to be tough. You asked for tips, here's mine. I still measure out my food in the mornings and that's all I take to work to eat for the day.  I stay away from the vending machine and make sure I always have some surgery approved snacks in my desk or the fridge.  At restaurants, I always ask for a box when my food comes and automatically put half of it in there.

jmjm55077
on 12/19/12 4:32 am - MN

I shop for groceries several times a week so as to keep most foods fresh and no big amounts around the house...no snacks as I'm a late night eater when bored. 

Whenever I eat out I split with someone else (careful to leave them most of the entree) or I just order kid or half size...(I like asking for a box and putting half in there...will try that next time)...

I try and drink often and a lot as it tends to make me fill fuller before eating ...and if I know there will be a lot of really great food in large quanities (like a buffet or holiday party) I eat a greek yogart 30 minutes prior to curb my food craving and feel full.

I keep a fat picture of me in my freezer as a reminder of why I'm doing this....

I was told that cravings pass in 20-25 minutes so when I want something reallly bad (potato chips or ice cream) I try and get involved in a task for that amount of time to distract me...and it seems to work! good luck.

jane   

PhillyGal135
on 12/20/12 10:26 am - Phila, PA
RNY on 01/07/13

The fat pic in the freezer cracks me up.   Thanks for that.

Arlene

SandieMc49
on 12/19/12 8:52 pm

Even something simple as a smaller plate helps the WLS brain remember "oh yeah, I don't need THAT much".

I did that last night as a matter of fact!

Ms Shell
on 12/21/12 5:53 am - Hawthorne, CA

Yeah I weigh and measure 90% of the time....but that 10% will have me over the toilet!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active