Swallowing Whole Pills

michaela67
on 2/24/13 8:21 am

When was everyone able to take pills without crushing.  All my vitamins are gummys but tonight I have the worse headache went to take a tylenol and was going to gag putting it crushed in apple sauce

Liz C.
on 2/24/13 8:44 am - DE

I was able to my first year but had to cut them in half

Starting weight from 8/7/09- pre op and post op!

RNY Surgery on 2/22/10- weightloss post op! 

MsBatt
on 2/24/13 8:56 am

You should be able to swallow anything now that you could before surgery.

poet_kelly
on 2/24/13 8:58 am - OH

About 12 hours after my surgery.

If all your vitamins are gummies, you may not be getting the nutrients you need.  There are no gummy  multivitamins that are complete; they are all missing a lot of vitamins and minerals.  There are no calcium gummies that contain calcium citrate, which is the type of calcium we need after WLS.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hockeymom8016
on 2/24/13 9:50 pm - NJ

I never crushed my pills.  I was able to swallow them right after surgery.

Nanato2
on 2/24/13 10:58 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

I started swallowing whole pills right after surgery depending on the size. I do take these really really big ones and can not swallow them so I take them in another form for now until I am healed then should be no problem.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Valerie G.
on 2/25/13 2:00 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Try swallowing one at a time slowly and see how you do.

I was swallowing pills the day I got home.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Jenn D.
on 2/26/13 8:35 am - CT
RNY on 01/29/13
About 2 daysafter surgery. They had to be split for the first 3 weeks, but now i can take most whole, except for my calcium citrate, they are just too large.

CosmoGirl1987
on 2/27/13 2:11 pm - Everett, MA

Geez my doc is still saying no pills after 5 months

Most Active