Happy Surgiversary to ME!

Dena W.
on 3/12/13 8:20 am - Tarpon Springs, FL

It hasn't been picture-perfect, but it's been WORTH it, and I'd do it over again in a heartbeat.  Six years postop today!  (Just realized it late this afternoon...)

Dena
See my YouTube vlogs here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/LiLtinee
Add me as a friend on Facebook:    Dena Waskiewicz               
Starting weight:  297 / Goal weight:  140's / Current weight:  138-143
Lap RNY 3/12/2007 ~ Fleur-de-Lis tummy tuck 7/12/2010

"LADYbug-j" L
on 3/12/13 8:32 am, edited 3/12/13 8:33 am - Laurel, MD
Congrats!! Mine is this month too! I am also six yrs. post op. Can you believe it?

How are you maintaining? I am on a misson to lose some unwanted regain, and more. However it's been a slow process. But I have to hang in here.

Are you still faithful with vits, protein, and exercise?

I had not been, that's why I am battling to lose. I got to comfortable, and lazy, and what do we have? wt. gain.
And despiste my wt. regain of 25lbs. I too would do it again. I originally lost 130lbs. now I need to lose 60lbs.
It's good to see some 07's still around, I am back more often these days, for encouragement and support. give us your stats? HW, LW, current wt.??
Peace-jbug

"jbug"

Dena W.
on 3/19/13 9:06 am - Tarpon Springs, FL

jbug, it has gone FAST.  All the prep work for having the surgery seemed to take a lot longer to pass time-wise than these 6 years have passed! 

I am not as faithful about vitamins and exercise as I should be.  However, I am pretty consistent about what I eat amount-wise (I still have great restriction), and although I don't measure, I do know my limits.  I weighmyself  about twice per month.  If I feel "heavy", I'll step on the scale and it'll generally read right around 14-148  ish at my "heavy" point.  I evaluate what I've eaten -- usually a little heavier salt intake.  If I make a conscious decision to cut that out, within a couple of days the weight dips back down again to low 140s. 

I still make myself eat protein first -- and if I feel like I just don't want any solid protein, I'll drink a protein shake or have some protein soup. 

It's hard, but it is very do-able, and it has become my "normal".

Keep on keeping on ... it's SO worth it!  We do have to pay more attention the further out we get and be mindful of those old habits that can get us into trouble.  The good news is, even if we re-gain or bobble back and forth, we have learned healthy habits that we KNOW we can re-implement and lose the weight.  :)

Dena

huskergalWsD
on 3/12/13 12:34 pm

Hello Dena, i remember you pretty well, thanks for coming back and saying hi again,  does it feel it was 6 yrs ago? just wondering.. guess i'll be 6 yrs too March 19th.. Wendy

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Dena W.
on 3/19/13 8:59 am - Tarpon Springs, FL

Nope, it seems like it was just yesterday!  :)

Happy Surgiversary to you today, Wendy!

Dena

Linda_S
on 3/13/13 1:35 pm - Eugene, OR

Congratulations!  It will be six years for me this year also.  Even with the problems I have as a result of surgery, I'd do it all again in a heartbeat.  Nothing beats being a whole lot smaller!

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Dena W.
on 3/19/13 8:59 am - Tarpon Springs, FL

I hope yours has gone by as fast as mine!  :)

Dena

Most Active