What were your feelings????

brnlady1
on 3/18/13 10:54 am - NC

I am six days and a wake-up away from my surgery. I am feeling so much anxiety and heart is literally beating a thousand beats a minute. (so it feels). I'm getting gastric and I know this surgery will create a better life for my family and for myself. I would love to know others emotions during this time!!!!! Thanks 

dahoodman
on 3/18/13 11:14 am - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

I am right there with you, just a day or two later. Ok, I'm ready to throw up! there's so much going through my head. Other than band these decisions are lifetime commitments and unless there's a serious complication there's no going back. THAT'S what is on my mind right now. So I am happy, sad, frustrated, glad, scared ****less (aka out of my mind), nervous, ready, not ready, lets do this thing, am I really doing this, I can't wait, how bad is this going to be, will I ever eat like a human again.....

it just keeps going. I wish I had a time travel machine. I would do my time in the surgery but i just want to speed it up hot the point where they put me under.

I think about this surgery 24x7 these days. i will be thinking about you now too. :-)

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

brnlady1
on 3/19/13 7:47 am - NC

Thanks for the encouragement!

Valerie G.
on 3/18/13 12:08 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Find yourself some productive busy work to get that nervous energy out.  I went into full nesting syndrome just like when I was pregnant.  I cleaned the house from top to bottom and got everything in order so I could sit and recover and feel good about my home being in order.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

horrible_monster
on 3/18/13 12:36 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

I really, really, really wish I'd done more of this. Clean all the things, if you can!

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

brnlady1
on 3/19/13 7:53 am - NC

michaela67
on 3/18/13 10:42 pm

I am 7weeks post opt and I did suffer with a little depression afterwards.  I think I cried all the time for three weeks I was very emotional.  I did the "why did I do ths to myself" and all different emotions.  But I can say now at 7weeks not everything is great but I am down 35lbs and I feel so much better physically and mentally.  Feel free to friend me and if you have any questions or want someone to talk with dont hesitate.  Michaela

brnlady1
on 3/19/13 7:54 am - NC

MsBatt
on 3/19/13 1:24 am

"Gastric" simply means "stomach". You're getting "stomach"?

I seriously worry about people going into WLS without even knowing what to call it. How are you going to communicate with medical professionals post-op, when you need medical help?

brnlady1
on 3/19/13 7:44 am, edited 3/19/13 10:31 am - NC

I comprehend the procedure very well. Regardless, if u knew what I meant or not, please don't be rude. This is a site for encouraging others, not for your attempt to degrade!!!!!!  God Bless You!!!

Most Active