Calcium Citrate

Michele H.
on 3/27/13 5:52 am - NJ

Found Healthy Advantage Calcium Citrate Dark Chocolate medallions at Vitamin Shop.  They are sweetened with cane sugar but they are 500mg of calcium citrate each and only 3 carbs.  Bariatric  Advantage chews are only 250mg of calcium citrate and 5 carbs each.

Michele

Srg2
on 3/27/13 6:21 am - CA

Bariatric Advantagee has these lozenges that are 500 each.  Not as good as the chewy but still doable.  I got the passion fruit.....90 days supple for about 40-50 dollars.  Thanks for the tip though!

~Ema

Revision - Lapband to RNY 3/15/2013 = Highest weight: 244 lbs, Surgery weight: 230 lbs, Goal Weight: 130         

hollykim
on 3/27/13 7:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 27, 2013 at 12:52 PM Pacific Time, Michele H. wrote:

Found Healthy Advantage Calcium Citrate Dark Chocolate medallions at Vitamin Shop.  They are sweetened with cane sugar but they are 500mg of calcium citrate each and only 3 carbs.  Bariatric  Advantage chews are only 250mg of calcium citrate and 5 carbs each.

couldn't even get these to come up on a google search. Are your sure the dosage is one for 500 mg? seems like a lot to pack into one wafer.

if it is one you will have to take 4 a day for a total of the recommended 1800-2000 mg a day.  that would be 12 gm of pure sugar.  They wouldn't work for my plan as i am addicted to sugar and would be eating these things all day. Make sure they don't trigger you to want more sugar too.

GL

Michele H.
on 3/27/13 7:09 am - NJ

yes, one wafer is 500 mg and my doctors plan is 1000mg per day.  I have tried other chewable calcium citrate and they are just nasty to me.

Michele

poet_kelly
on 3/27/13 9:05 am - OH

The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery recommends 1500 mg daily for VSG folks.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cinn
on 3/27/13 7:54 am - MI

Do you meant "Bariatric" Advantage? I love their stuff. Will have to try these.

http://www.mybariatricpantry.com/Bariatric_Advantage_Calcium_Citrate_Chewy_Bites_p/ba-cal_chew_choc.htm

Michele H.
on 3/27/13 7:58 am - NJ

no.......Healthy Induglence......sorry I typed Healthy Advantage before

Michele

hollykim
on 3/27/13 8:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 27, 2013 at 2:58 PM Pacific Time, Michele H. wrote:

no.......Healthy Induglence......sorry I typed Healthy Advantage before

chocolate liquor,cocoa butter,cane sugar...sorry but this is really just a glorified candy bar with some calcium slapped in it.  There are way better products than this one.

Michele H.
on 3/27/13 8:54 am - NJ

I was just putting it out there... was telling anyone to use it...sheesh. 

Michele

hollykim
on 3/28/13 1:58 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM Pacific Time, Michele H. wrote:

I was just putting it out there... was telling anyone to use it...sheesh. 

I know you were just putting it out there. I just wanted to put it out there with all the appropriate nutritional information so the other PPL reading this thread can make an educated decision.

if it works for you,great,but it won't work for everyone and everyone who wants to succeed wants to know all the facts.

GL

Most Active