getting up set

rere10
on 3/30/13 4:28 pm

I'm gaining and feel that I'm getting back into some old habbits.  It's been three years.  Please help

My new life started on 10-21-09   

Claire G.
on 3/30/13 10:39 pm - FL

Hi - I am in the same boat as you!  I think the key is kind of starting from scratch and going back to the "rules" we used right after surgery.  For me this includes waiting to drink before and after meals and to just say no to the bad carbs.  I wish you the best in you efforts to get back on track!

Claire

littleskie
on 3/31/13 3:10 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with

I'm also three years out and dealing with regain. Gotta get carbs out of my diet. Money has been so tight that i've had to eat carbs to just get thru the month. no idea what I'm going to do.

I lost eighty pounds before my surgery by simply giving up carbs. Well not completely, just low carbing. I can lose weight on less than thirty grams of carbs a day, but maintain at fifty carbs a day. Thats nothing compared to a normal american diet.

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

DebsGiz
on 3/31/13 10:45 pm - FL

The only person who can really help you is... you.

You need to do whatever it takes to get back on track, or understand that there will be consequences.

Maybe meet with a therapist to discuss what's going on and what has changed in your life.

I know it's not easy, but at this point you've worked way too hard to sabotage yourself.

Wishing you the best of luck....

Mary Catherine
on 4/1/13 4:11 am

I believe that going back to the basics makes as much sense as telling your teenage son to go back to formula and baby food.  The basics are for your new born baby pouch to help it grow up to be a healthy grown up pouch.  Going back to the basics would be boring.  You are not going to get a protein deficiency is you cut out most of the protein for a few months. Try what worked for me - low protein, high complex carb.

Eat fresh fruits and vegetables.  Weigh yourself every day.  If the scale is not going down, then eat less that day. Buy bright red strawberries, plump blueberries, fresh pineapple, crisp apples, juicy oranges, sweet grape tomatoes.  Stock up on lettuce and greens.  Make meals with green beans, spinach cauliflower, or broccoli.  Do most of your grocery shopping in the produce department.

The weight will fall off, you will have wonderful energy and enjoy eating.  I did not give up meat and cheese and have them about once a week.  I have been doing this for about four years, My labs are always great and my body feels light and healthy. 

Most Active