4 days VSG post op and struggling!

e_mrsmac
on 4/8/13 6:17 am

help i cant eat or drink anything without my stomach hurting, i think its acid reflux. any suggestions. what foods worked for you right after surgery? i hate always feeling hungry, all i want to do is eat real food or at  least something with flavor. suggestions...

emelar
on 4/8/13 6:35 am - TX

Did your doctor give you a post-op diet?  Most folks are on either clear or full liquids 4 days out from surgery, and all you can do is muscle through it.  It wasn't fun for anyone.

You could be having acid problems.  Did your doc give you a PPI or acid reducer?  If not, call and ask for one, or you can try a Pepcid AC and see if it helps. 

babydoll731
on 4/8/13 7:16 am
VSG on 03/04/13

I can so relate. I am one week after surgery. And I am hungry the only thing that works is to continue to sip water when hungry. I just keep telling myself it took me years to get this way gonna take work to get to where I need to be. Chin up I hope it gets better for us both

mkat27
on 4/8/13 8:48 am - Lachine, Canada

Oh tell me about it. I'm almost a month out and my stomach still hurts when I eat anything. My surgeon prescribed pentaloc and that does help. Also I use tums to help keep the acid reflux down as much as possible but it is still uncomfortable. I was on purees and I started drinking slimfast shakes with extra protein powder and half a banana for 4 days and then went back to purees and the pain was less, guess my stomach was not ready for the purees yet. My advice, eat very very slowly and go with things easy on the stomach. I too craved food and I would eat those little babybell cheese balls but my bariatric nurse said it was bad cuz it's fattening but it was the only food that didn't cause me pain and it had taste which I desperately wanted. Don't despair the pain will eventually go away, it varies from person to person but I can tell you that the pain in week 4 is a lot less intense then day 4. Good luck!

cgoodlett
on 9/22/13 8:52 am
VSG on 09/18/13
I'm on post op day 4 and I have very minimal pain, the last tine i took pain meds was almost 12 hours agoI am craving solid foods but I just recently tried some soft foods a d so far so good, I'm still sticking with the full liquid diet as well but I can't believe how well I'm progressing.

Most Active