Waiting for insurance approval - again

Linda_S
on 5/2/13 12:05 pm - Eugene, OR

My surgeon (now Dr. Deveney) is submitting a request for surgery to revise my RNY to a sleeve as a medical necessity.  My hypoglycemia has really gotten out of hand.  Now that I'm retired, my insurance doesn't cover weight loss surgery, but this is not really for weight loss, it's to give me more normal digestion and correct my blood sugar problems.

It seems a bit weird to be waiting for the whole rigamarole again.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Ladytazz
on 5/2/13 1:01 pm

Good luck to you.  I hope you are approved quickly and have great health from here on out.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Eggface
on 5/2/13 2:40 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Sending you good wishes all goes well my friend.

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Linda_S
on 5/3/13 3:44 pm - Eugene, OR

Thanks, darlin'.  I'm hoping for a bit more normalcy so perhaps I can try more of your recipes!  I've had to eliminate so much that i'm basically down to protein (eggs, cheese, meat, poultry, fish) and greens.  Fairly healthy, but a few grains and some fruit would be lovely.  I just want to stop being sick and tired.  I'm working on getting as fit as I can before surgery (if approved).  I think I'm wearing my dog out with all the walking!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/2/13 10:46 pm
Good luck Linda.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Linda_S
on 5/3/13 3:45 pm - Eugene, OR

Thanks!

martitalinda
on 5/5/13 11:23 pm

I hope you get your approval soon ... lets pray that this request goes right through and it happens for you without any delays.  Best wishes for approval, scheduling and an uneventful surgery that will address all your digestive problems ... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Linda_S
on 5/6/13 12:04 am - Eugene, OR

Thanks, Martita!

Most Active