New procedure, New doctor, and, finally, a date!

VSG on 06/12/13
I went to see Dr. Masik today. What a difference! His office staff was friendly and helpful, and they will continue to work with Lindstrom's office until this is all over. I spoke with him and he strongly recommended that I switch from RNY to sleeve. He explained to me that he felt I would be much less likely to be in his office five years from now, complaining about low blood sugars. It will leave me with more options for medication if I need to have my knees fixed down the road. Finally, the nutritional support requirements will be less intensive/risky.

I was worried that he would require a liquid diet. This was something that Dr. Johnson did not require. He will only require me to maintain and or lose weight prior to surgery, and I will need to do a two week extremely low carb/no carb diet. I figure, I have been there and done that. I may even take the opportunity to do a detox followed by a whole food diet.

I also received the name, email, and phone number of the person at United who would approve my claim. All the doctors office has to do is submit the information to her and it will go through. One person, one step. How simple is that?

Finally, drumroll please: they have penciled me in for surgery on June 12. This is pending, of course the insurance approval which is assumed to be a no brainer, as well as a pulmonary consult. I think it will be fine. I am feeling relaxed for the first time in months.

Thank you so much, everyone, for all of your encouragement and support. I cannot begin to tell you how meaningful it has been for me.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active