x-post - One more thing off the bucket list! Half Marathon Complete!

tripmom02
on 5/10/13 3:58 am - NJ

So this past weekend I ran my first ever Half Marathon (2:29:40), it was hard, emotional and life changing. Who knew that running could lay your soul bare before you and let you see who you really are, but that is what this did for me. It showed me the strength of character, will and body that I have developed over the past two years, and for the first time in my life I can say that I am truly proud of the person that I have become.

I still struggle with my new body, my new life and all the stuff that comes with extreme weight loss, but with each thing I check off the list I find myself loving it all that much more.

Life as a skinny, sexy athlete is pretty effing amazing. Onward and upward, first Tri in July!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

martitalinda
on 5/10/13 4:25 am

WOOT WOOT WOOT.... HOWWWWWWWWWWWW AWESOME!!!! Running ROCKS!!! OMG what a way to set one's spirit free... I am a runner and sprinter for LIFE .... 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Set yourself free my beautiful beautiful beautiful sista!!!! You are an inspiration ... and a wonderful person who I had the pleasure and honor to meet in person at the Atlanta OH Conference... Hope to see you in Cali in October... are you coming along? let's make it happen!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

bagelface
on 5/10/13 6:06 am
VSG on 08/22/12

Congrats!!!  You continue to be an inspiration to so many.  Onward!!

Susan

Lapband 1/3/2007 (skmsu) revision to VSG 8/22/2012

Member Services
on 5/10/13 9:49 am - Irvine, CA

Way To Go!!                                                    

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/12/13 7:47 pm - Burleson, TX

COURTNEY--CONGRATS !!!!!!

Your time is VERY impressive !!! I have a tee shirt that says "Everyone who crosses the START line is a WINNER"...I, personally believe that to be true...I've done 3 halfs..I know how it gets into your heart and soul..

I am in awe of you, and very much look forward to cheering you on, in your future events !

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Most Active