Not a happy camper!!!!!!!!

daubbermom
on 5/17/13 2:13 am, edited 5/17/13 2:14 am - OH
RNY on 01/28/13

I finally found the no sugar added fudgesicles. I was so excited as they were my favorite ice cream as a child. I ate one on my way home from the store and thouroghly enjoyed my pop. When I was done I felt kinda nauseated but I thought I ate it too quickly. Today I ate one for snack and whoooooooooooaaaahhhhhh. I got nauseated, felt like vomiting, heart racing, hot flashes, headache, jitteriness, just all over sick. Now I'm feeling better but I'm afraid I just had my first "dumping" since surgery. Tell me it isn't soooooooo,fudgesicles are my favorite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uggggghhhhh.

Jeannie Hubnik
on 5/17/13 3:11 am - Belton, TX

Yep,

that sounds like dumping to me... happens to me with milk.  I eat regular sugar (my surgeon never had us go sugar free) so I don't usually dump unless I over do on sugar.  I have heard of people that have dumping from some artificial sweeteners so see what kind is in your popsicle and maybe try a different one.  Good luck!!

Jeannie  

Jeannie
3-9-2005 ~ 350  *~*~*~*~*~*~*  8 years post op 165 goal for 6 1/2 years

"Just because you can....doesn't mean you should" Acheron

Tarabug
on 5/17/13 10:58 am

no sugar added is not the same as sugar free

dahoodman
on 5/17/13 9:30 pm - VA
RNY on 03/26/13

The ones that I bought have 4g of carbs per pop and 2g of that is sugar alcohols, not sugar. I eat two almost every night and have no issues. There is no real sugar in the ones I got. If yours are the same, perhaps your body does not like the sugar alcohol. Check the amount of sugar/sugar alcohol in your pops. Make sure you didn't grab the wrong box because they look a lot alike and sometimes sit right next to each other in the store. Along with that, you have to remember human error when stocking shelves is quite high sometimes so it's not impossible that someone put the wrong kind in the NSA row.

[Highest: 303] [Surgery Day: 295] [Current: 199.8] [Goal: 180][To Go: 19.8[Height: 5' 8"]

I have a tendency to wear my mind on my sleeve   

I have a history of losing my shirt Barenaked Ladies - One Week

TXKashmir
on 5/18/13 1:19 am - Grand Prairie, TX

I dump on sugar alcohols - this may be the issue with you, too. It may get better with time, I suggest you wait a few more months, and try again. I hope you're able to enjoy your favorite treat again one day!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

Most Active