Hoping for a light at the end of the tunnel

Christina70445
on 5/21/13 2:16 pm - Lacombe , LA

A friend recommended I join this page to reach out for some help. I live in southeast Louisiana (new Orleans area) and have struggled my whole life with being over weight. In the past I have stone some pretty stupid am unhealthy things to curb the issue with no resolve. There days ago I had a doctors appointment to check on an ear infection. The doctor was scared to write me a prescription for steroids because of my weight. On the scale t number slapped me. 302. I have Medicaid and wonder if there is any way to battle this with surgery. Are there doctors who accept Medicaid? What things can I do now to expodite the process? I can feel my depression creeping back in e cause of this can of worms my visit to a scale opened and I'm just looking for a little guidance and support. I'm embarrassed and concerned about my families reaction. I'm just lost. Any wise words or reccomendations?

Kat1313
on 5/22/13 2:17 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

You might want to post this on the Louisiana forum, maybe someone there could help answer your questions.  Click on Forums at top of page, then on Go Local, then on your state.

Also is there a phone number on your Medicaid card that you can call re benefits?  No harm in calling and asking.

Good luck!

Member Services
on 5/22/13 3:56 am - Irvine, CA

Hello Christina,

As another member suggested be sure and post this on the LA Forum.

Here is a link to a list of all surgeons in the state of LA. Take a look and if someone looks interesting to you give the office a call to see if they accept your insurance.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/LA/

May we also suggest you call the number on the back of your card. Surgeons have to get approved for Medicaid payments so they should have a list of surgeons to provide you with.

Regards,

Member Services

Most Active