WHAT TO EAT

yary500
on 5/25/13 2:18 am
RNY on 03/14/13

IM SO TIRED OF FOOD. EVERY TIME IS TIME FOR A MEAL I JUST STRUGGLE ON DECIDING WHAT TO EAT.  I JUST WANT TO SKIP THE MEAL. THE OTHER DAY I WAS GOING TO EAT SOME SHRIMP AND JUST THE SMELL OF IT GOT ME SO SO SICK I THOUGH I WAS GOING END UP IN D HOSPITAL FELT LIKE I WAS ABOUT TO PASS OUT. ANY ADVICE WILL BE HIGHLY APRECCIATED.

JJ_
on 5/25/13 6:03 am

Plan your meals for the week.  That takes the decision away for the time that meal rolls around you know what is to be eaten.  I usually plan the week on a Sunday.  Then if I need certain food items I shop for them.  That way, when I come home from work it is not a struggle or wonderment as what to eat.  It is defrosted, or can be prepared easily.  I sometime cook meals ahead and portion them out into small containers.  Then they are ready to go. 

Good luck with this.  You need your nutrition.

Judy

Eggface
on 5/25/13 7:25 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Absolutely agree on meal planning... Sunday is a perfect day for it too! Look over cookbooks, magazine, websites, Pinterest

In your planning think about leftovers and how you can repurpose them into lunches or breakfasts.

Eat. Skipping meals won't help with your weight loss... in fact your body will hold on the its fat stores for dear life.

If you need a few ideas...

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=010161925482818458409%3Avag5alw lnvy&q=repurposing&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=a%20day%20in%20 my%20pouch

and

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=010161925482818458409%3Avag5alw lnvy&q=repurposing&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=repurposing&gsc .page=1

Best wishes. Feel Better!

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

yary500
on 5/26/13 1:05 am
RNY on 03/14/13

Valerie G.
on 5/28/13 8:03 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Are you getting plenty of fluids?  I'm asking because nausea is a sign of dehydration.  Aside from that, I totally relate on not knowing what to eat.  To remedy that, have pllenty of small items that you can pop in your mouth for protein, like cheese cubes and such.  If you don't feel like putting forth the effort to cook, you can nibble on something for the protein benefit and continue being indifferent.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active