Duplicate Account... ????? Patients need their OWN account!

bigisbad
on 6/20/13 6:31 am - Canada, Canada

I have been a member for three years and now another household member who has had surgery and wants the support of the OH Society and they slam the door on her and threaten to close my account.

Whats up with that. I am assuming that some tech person sees that the new acct comes from the same IP address but give me a break... do some research before sending out a threat please.

OH has been very helpful in the ass but it feels like a kick in the ass now. Any thoughts on who or how to overcome this... or do I just sighn up with someone else's IP address fraudulently?

Thanks

This was the reply...

Hello,   We have identified the account XXXXXXX as a duplicate account of bigisbad.  Having duplicate accounts is against the Terms Of Services.  The account XXXXXXXX  has been de-activated.  The account bigisbad will be left active.  If you continue to open duplicate accounts, it could put your bigisbad account in jeopardy.   Thank for your cooperation in this matter.   Regards, Member Services  

southernlady5464
on 6/20/13 6:54 am

They sent me the same email...due to my husband using the same IP address and he is also a DS'er. I emailed back and informed them we had BOTH had surgery, we had two accounts for a reason and it was not a duplicate of mine.

What has happened is that the IP is showing up the same and ONE person having two accounts is against the TOS...but some of us happen to live in the same household. :)

Mine has been left alone since...I think somewhere it's flagged as "okay to be a duplicate" somewhere deep in their system.

Just let them know why you have two accounts...

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

bigisbad
on 6/20/13 7:12 am - Canada, Canada

Thanks southernlady

I have sent the email back but have not heard back from a moderator or anyone with authority.

Hope they open her account!

southernlady5464
on 6/20/13 7:15 am

Just make sure you didn't just hit reply...they send it from a non-monitored account. You have to actually send to to a different one listed in the email.

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

bigisbad
on 6/20/13 7:20 am - Canada, Canada
On June 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM Pacific Time, southernlady5464 wrote:

Just make sure you didn't just hit reply...they send it from a non-monitored account. You have to actually send to to a different one listed in the email.

I did hit reply.

It comes up as ObesityHelp Staff

There is no return email address in their body of the email.

I will let it rest for the rest of the day. Thanks

southernlady5464
on 6/20/13 7:28 am

This is the email they DO monitor: [email protected]

bigisbad
on 6/20/13 7:33 am - Canada, Canada

Thank you.

I just saw that on their site and sent another request as well.

Guess its a waiting game now.

Thanks again!!

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/20/13 6:56 am, edited 6/20/13 6:56 am

in the past there were instances that some people open - had more than one accounts.. it created unnecessary drama.. (that is what I think may happened)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

bigisbad
on 6/20/13 7:15 am - Canada, Canada
On June 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM Pacific Time, H.a.l.a. B. wrote:

in the past there were instances that some people open - had more than one accounts.. it created unnecessary drama.. (that is what I think may happened)

Back 3 years ago I think every coordinator for surgery in Mexico had 10 accounts. And it was drama city with all the deaths, doctors not being doctors, staples from China, infections and back alley 7-11 surgeries. And I hate to say it... mine was one of those!

But Im alive and kicking!

HEY MODERATORS.... open up her account again... PLEASE!

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/13 12:39 pm
On June 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM Pacific Time, bigisbad wrote:
On June 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM Pacific Time, H.a.l.a. B. wrote:

Back 3 years ago I think every coordinator for surgery in Mexico had 10 accounts. And it was drama city with all the deaths, doctors not being doctors, staples from China, infections and back alley 7-11 surgeries. And I hate to say it... mine was one of those!

But Im alive and kicking!

HEY MODERATORS.... open up her account again... PLEASE!

Nawww... it was only the crap coordinators for the crap surgeons in every country including the US.  Shawn Garber in the US was one of them.  He pretty much had every staff member posing as a patient.  It is time OH cleaned up a bit.

But yeah, your surgeon was certainly one that had coordinators posing as a million IDs and top it off with this.. OH hired one of the coordinators on their staff now.  HA!  Think I am kidding?  Not.

Most Active