I think I just got approved!

AndiT
on 6/21/13 6:32 am - Hillsboro, OR
VSG on 10/30/13

Just got back from my mailbox and had a letter from my surgeon's office welcoming me as a new patient!!  And then a summary of my insurance benefits as it pertains to WLS.  I am a mess of emotions right now.  Excited, scared, panic, joy, relief, fear, even nauseous.

Next step is to meet with the weight loss center to start all my lab work. 

OMG.

*flail*

poet_kelly
on 6/21/13 7:14 am - OH

That sounds like your surgeon is willing to treat you but not like your insurance has pre-approved WLS.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

AndiT
on 6/21/13 7:28 am - Hillsboro, OR
VSG on 10/30/13

Spoke with the surgeon's office, since I am Medicare, there isn't a pre-approval that needs to be done.  As long as I meet the criteria and requirements, I am fine.  And I meet those several times over. 

I could be wrong, or they could be...  but that's what the woman told me this afternoon.

Laguerita13
on 6/21/13 9:24 am - Morristown, TN
Yay for you!!!! congrats:)
scootiesgirl
on 6/22/13 10:03 am

That's great news!  I am still pre-op.  My insurance requires six months on a supervised diet.  Not complaining.  I think I'll like having the time to learn how to eat right and most importantly get my head right prior to surgery.  

Ask lots of questions and remember you can do this!

Most Active