Protein Pancake Recipe

JustHat
on 7/3/13 9:25 am - NM

I used to have the best recipe for protein pancakes.  I even had to fight the kids off of them.  But, I lost the recipe.  All I remember is it had cottage cheese in it.  Does anyone have a good one to share?

Thanks!

Melissa Nicely
on 7/3/13 11:05 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

Look on theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

creamo
on 7/3/13 11:51 am

Ultimate Protein Pancakes 

You’ll need: 

6oz plain greek yogurt 
1 large egg white 
1/4 cup all-purpose flour 
1/4 cup (about 2/3 scoop) vanilla whey protein powder 
1 tsp baking soda 
Anything else you’d like to add for flavor (I like adding in strawberries and vanilla extract) 
In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, and baking soda), and mix with a for****il well combined. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg white and yogurt) and mix until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring as you go. The batter should become thick. Add in any extras for flavor, and keep mixing until everything is totally combined. 

Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the spoonful into the pan. Pancakes will expand as they cook, so don’t put them too close together. When little bubbles start to form all throughout the pancake, it’s time to flip it. Flip it a couple of times until it’s thoroughly cooked. Transfer pancakes to a plate, and top with whatever you’d like. They’re plenty flavorful on their own, but adding a couple tablespoons of syrup made them even better! 

JustHat
on 7/3/13 3:51 pm - NM

Thank you.

VSG on 06/12/13
What diet level is this considered?

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

stonerose
on 7/8/13 12:21 pm - MI
RNY on 07/16/13

Pancake recipe with cottage cheese sounds like one my husband made for me while pregnant from What to Eat When You're Expecting - very high-protein and yummy.  Check there if you can.

Dr. Kibwe Weaver, Kalamazoo, MI RNY 7/16/13 SW 233/CW 168.8/GW130

Huneypie
on 7/9/13 3:16 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

JustHat
on 7/9/13 12:21 pm - NM

Mmm.  That looks good.  Thanks.

Most Active