Plastic Surgery Forum

Allen Y.
on 7/11/13 5:00 pm - Garland, TX

Ok it appears there is a PS Forum, but it seems to be in name only, no post or exchanges that I can access.

I am over a year out, down 230 lbs and would like to see if I can find a surgeon or plastic surgeon willing to remove excess skin. I am NOT at all concerned with a plastic surgery type almost invisible scar, train tracks would be fine with me. I want the skin off for mobility issues, not for cosmetic ones.

I would never win any beauty contest anyway. If I stay stateside, would be looking for someone preferably in DFW area, may consider Houston.

I might consider out of the country as I hear it's much more affordable.

Any advise?

Regards

Allen

Laura in Texas
on 7/11/13 11:07 pm

I am active on the plastic surgery message board, so it does exist.

Go to >Forums >Plastic surgery >Message Board

See if this link works:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/a,messagebo ard/board_id,4861/

I'm in Houston. We have the Baylor Residency program which gets rave review, if cost is a factor. DFW has a residency program, too, but not sure which hospital it is with.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 7/12/13 7:09 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Hi Laura,

Was it significantly less expensive to go to Baylor?

Thanks!

Sonja

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Laura in Texas
on 7/13/13 9:55 am

Yes. Much less.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Watson
on 7/11/13 11:11 pm
VSG on 06/08/10 with

The way to get to the "Plastic Surgery Forum", Go to the "Forum" Click on "Plastic Surgery" then click on the word that says "Message Board" which will lead you to the Plastic Surgery Forum Board.

There are other forums on this site that you have to click on "Message Board" to be able to get to the forum board.

I hope tis helps you out.

If this doesn't help you out then you can contact "OH Member Services" in the "Contact Us" at the bottom on the page.

Highest Weight: 565 pounds (around 1999), Highest BMI: 94

Pre-op Weight: 476.40 pounds (2 weeks before {05/25/2010} VSG surgery), Pre-op BMI: 79.3

Lowest Weight: 153.5 pounds (as of 07/10/2013), Lowest BMI: 25.5

Current Weight: 350.75546 pounds (351 lb 0 oz./159.1 kilograms (as of 04/22/2019), Current BMI: 58.3

Member Services
on 7/11/13 11:29 pm, edited 7/11/13 11:38 pm - Irvine, CA

Hi Allen,

If you still can't access the PS forum after following the instructions of your fellow members, let us know at [email protected]

Regards,

Member Services

MyBariatricLife
on 7/13/13 3:15 am

The plastic surgery forum here on Obesity Help is terrific. I just had a tummy tuck in mid April and the folks on the forum were very helpful! Join us!!!

i suggest that you visit with Dr. John Lomonaco in Houston. I did not have my surgery with him, but he is excellent. I am in NJ and had my surrey ray with Dr. Joseph Capella who is excellent, as well. It is worth it to drive a bit to go to the best surgeon possible. You are not

buying a pair of eyeglasses after all.

do not go to Mexico. There are many patients who come back to the states with complications and have difficulty being treated by a US plastic surgeon. These people do not often post about their bad experiences. If you do some research you will be able to learn this for yourself, or ask the US surgeons about it in person.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 7/13/13 3:18 am

PS here is my experience with the tummy tuck 

http://www.healthcentral.com/obesity/c/276918/160586/bariatric-abdominoplasty-ch/

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active