An idle question (movie theater food)

horrible_monster
on 7/12/13 7:59 am
VSG on 02/27/13

I'm excited about my hot date tonight (husband's taking me to Pacific Rim HELL YES) and it got me wondering--is there ANYTHING at a typical movie theater concessions stand that's appropriate for a bariatric patient? Purely a hypothetical as I'm not planning to buy anything to eat, but it got me wondering. Any favorite coping strategies for going out to the movies? (I don't even particularly LIKE movie theater popcorn but the smell might get to me. Grody, but true.)

I have a basement but don't dwell in it full time.

Tracy13
on 7/12/13 8:10 am - WV

When I went to the movie theater I brought my own protein drink in, just stuck it in my purse and a few pieces of SF hard candy.

HW- 405 (January 2011)

6/20/13 Surgery Day-374

horrible_monster
on 7/12/13 8:11 am
VSG on 02/27/13

Nice. Depending on what-all I've eaten by then, I might try to sneak in an appropriate snack. Even writing that makes me feel like a criminal; I never sneak food into theaters! 

AnniesSS
on 7/12/13 8:56 am
RNY on 09/11/12

I bring in a protein bar and water

Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150

Eggface
on 7/12/13 9:01 am - Sunny Southern, CA

Well... not really... if your Dr allows popcorn (mine does, some don't) it's still not the best popcorn choice. I usually just bring a snack sized baggie with almonds or a protein bar or these freeze dried edamame are delish. A ready to drink protein shake is great if you'd rather have a drink or water and make it a goal to get the whole bottle down before the end.

Have fun!!

~Michelle "Shelly"

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

poet_kelly
on 7/12/13 9:51 am - OH

I LOVE  movie theater popcorn but it always seems to trigger my reactive hypoglycemia.  Last time I went to the movies, I took some roasted chickpeas (snuck them in my purse).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

horrible_monster
on 7/12/13 10:05 am
VSG on 02/27/13

!!! I HAVE ROASTED CHICKPEAS

This requires further thought. I appreciate all the suggestions, y'all. 

tbone88
on 7/12/13 12:33 pm - MO

I am taking my son to see "despicable me 2" tomorrow. I think they might look at me funny carrying in a purse full of snacks. I am a 43 year old guy...lol

horrible_monster
on 7/12/13 3:37 pm
VSG on 02/27/13

One area in which purses are an advantage is food smuggling, that's for sure. 

Michele H.
on 7/12/13 11:46 pm - NJ

Cargo shorts......lol

Michele

Most Active