four months post op rny - now hysterectomy

Lori Risner
on 7/16/13 6:34 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
I am four months post op RNY and had to have emergency hysterectomy. I have terrible gas pains. Any suggestions. I also feel so sad I lost my female parts. As I write this, I know how stupid that sounds. But I am sad. I am on a hormone. I don't know... I am just sad and need a friend.

Blessings on your day!

Toni D.
on 7/16/13 8:57 am - MI
RNY on 04/08/13

Try walking to get rid of gas. Once you move your bowels it should make you feel better. Drink lots of water too. Maybe talk to your surgeon to make sure your hormone will not interfere with your weight loss. I had a tubal ligation and felt bad I wouldn't have anymore children. Love yourself and know any change of our body changes our perception of it too. very normal to feel sad about it.

Lori Risner
on 7/16/13 9:01 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
I will try and walk and drink more. Thank u for replying. Sometimes it just helps to talk with someone who knows and who has been there.

Blessings on your day!

Melissa Nicely
on 7/16/13 9:35 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

So sorry you had to go threw this. I had an ablation done in Feb that didn't take, I still have a really bad period. My OB/GYN is just waiting for me to drop some more weight before she takes my female parts out. I for one am looking forward to it. I am so tired of dealing with the cramps, bloating and the mess every month. I hope you feel better soon, remember walk and sip just like after your RNY will help with the pain.

Lori Risner
on 7/18/13 11:53 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
Thank u Melissa. I hope all goes well. I too am looking forward to no more icky nasty periods.

Blessings on your day!

Wendy Covill
on 7/16/13 9:58 am - VT

When I was expecting my daughter 12 years ago, I suffered a stroke 24 weeks in. 3 years later as a disabled mother of three I had to have a hysterectomy. I KNEW there were no more babies in my future and I bawled all the way to the hospital. The thought that you will never again carry a child is heartbreaking. I have to say 9 years later I do not miss my monthly cycle at all. No more planning vacations and such around a unpredictable cycle. You are not alone. I think we all grieve the loss of potential. I am thinking of you. God bless.

Dorkgirl_41
on 7/16/13 10:39 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

I had to have a hysterectomy in my early 30s. I had one child and it was heartbreaking to lose the chance of having another one. It's natural to mourn that! I was very sad for awhile. Let yourself feel the feelings. Eventually I was relieved because I was no longer severely anemic and didn't have to deal with what was "bloody murder" periods every month. (TMI, sorry) It was best for my health.

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

Lori Risner
on 7/18/13 11:56 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
Thank u so much for sharing. Not TMI. sorry u had it in your early 30's. I am in much better spirits today. Focused on getting better and losing again. Congrats on your weight loss!

Blessings on your day!

(deactivated member)
on 7/16/13 11:37 am

Awww (((((())))) .  My heart goes out to you .  You probably don't want to hear this right now..but every thundercloud does have a silver lining. 

Female athletes, bodybuilders , even many successful models often have lower hormones naturally to get that definiton and performance.  Some even deliberately  take estrogen BLOCKERS. 

When one door closes others open. 

Lori Risner
on 7/18/13 11:59 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
Thank u!!! That's a great way to look at it. I have been blessed with two beautiful kids. Much better spirits today!!!

Blessings on your day!

Most Active