Nervous--submitting my paperwork tomorrow

mustlovepoodles
on 8/13/13 11:31 am
VSG on 12/31/13

I really hope they will look beyond the numbers. I'm a lightweight. For the last 15 years I have fluctuated between about BMI=33 and BMI=38(where I am now.)  Back in 2009 I started working with a bariatric doctor and lost about 55-lbs the old fashioned way. I got th weight down to 170 (BMI=30) and everything just stopped.  Gradually the weight came back on and since last summer it has take off like wildfire. I've gained 30-lbs since May 2012!

I know that I can stick with the diet. I did it for almost 2 years just with low carbs, high protein and calorie counting. But once "Life" kicked me in the butt everything went downhill.  I'm so afraid that the Powers That Be will look at my case and say, "Well, you can do this on your own."  But I can't! I have tried and I can't.   Even when my BMI was as low as 30 (170-lbs) I still had severe sleep apnea, hyperlipidemia, and type 2 diabetes. The diabetes and cholesterol got better, but the sleep apnea did not improve at all. In the last 2 years my arthritis has worsened dramatically, to the point that it's really hard for me to walk and move. The less I move, the more I weigh. And now I have hypertension and swelling in my lower legs.  If I don't get this weight kick started in a major way, I don't know what I'm going to do.

MsBatt
on 8/13/13 11:56 am

Most insurance companies approve at a BMI of 40, or at 35 with two co-morbs, which you've got. If they do deny you---appeal. There are vets who can and will help you.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/13 12:37 pm

(((())))) we've ALL been there.  Keep kicking Grrl.. keep fighting .. BRING ALL RELEVANT PAPERS to Ur doc appointment  to get financed ... 

swinging tha lizard for U  ( check out the loving lightweights board to see what I mean ) 

Most Active