Finally starting to feel a little normal again!

hayley88
on 8/19/13 1:13 am

Long time since I have posted. After two long months in the hospital after my revision to DS I was finally able to come home on July 3rd.  The first few weeks were horrible. I was not sure I was going to make it. My staples hurt, the feeding tube was horrible, but I got thru it.  Then Dr. Stewart passed away, what a shock. I felt so sorry for his family.  It's still kinda weird going to his office and he is not there. I started clear liquids on 7/22 and did ok.  I had a check up and they were able to remove my staples and drain tube. They left the feeding tube in though as a precaution. I was then able to go to full liquids. Its been hard. I try to do the 3 premier protein drinks a day but im lucky if i can do 2. I can drink crystal light ok and sugar free popsicles are ok. Tuna does not sit well with me but ham salad did. I no longer can do scrambled eggs. I was able to eat about half a fried egg.  I have had some cod fish in butter and thats about it. It's hard trying to think of things to eat.  I still do not have all my strength back but life goes on. As a mom of two kiddos 10 and 6 I've had to get back to their activities. It keeps me going but I do get wiped out sometimes. Between football practice and dance, not to mention school starting in a week I have to keep going. I go to the Dr again Thursday and I'm praying they take this feeding tube out. It hurts, and when I drink it leaks.  I guess the good thing in all of this is I have lost 90 lbs since my operation on 5/8.  Still have a long ways to go but I do feel happy about the loss.  Now if I could just get all my energy back!  I know it will take time, I guess it gets a little easier each day. I thank all of you for the words of encouragement while I was in the hospital going crazy!

Member Services
on 8/19/13 2:19 am - Irvine, CA

Huge congrats to you on losing 90 pounds already.  You are well on your way!!

With any surgery, including WLS, it takes awhile to get your energy back but it will happen.  We have some DS veterans that will be able to support you with information and their own successes from DS. 

In addition to the Main board, check out our DS message board too. 

Again, congratulations!!

Most Active