Ulcer 3+ Years after RNY??

funeebonez
on 8/24/13 2:12 am - Logan, UT

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick question for you?  

Has anyone experienced an Ulcer (Peptic, Most Likely) 3+ years after RNY?

I am almost 4 years post op and have been fairly lucky with no complications or side effects from my RNY.  I have just recently started having stomach/bowel trouble?  Im not really sure how to describe it but, like a dull achiness but Super Uncomfortable.  I though maybe it was my Gall Bladder since I still have mine but, I have now developed Dry Heaves and Throwing up almost an Acid like Foaminess.   I cant say I have this pain everyday for, It comes and goes but, when I do have it, it is Miserable and Im not sure what I might be dealing with.

Any Ideas/Suggestons?  

Member Services
on 8/24/13 2:50 am - Irvine, CA

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this.  Here is a link to threads that discuss this issue.  Read what other members are saying.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=ulcers +after+rny&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID% 3A9

Hope this information helps!!  

mkvand
on 8/24/13 7:40 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Both ulcers and gallbladder issues are possible, even 3+ years out.  You should see your doctor.

JenniPenny
on 8/25/13 12:27 am - MN

What does your doctor say? Have you been tested? Are you on acid blocking meds or daily prilosec, nexium, etc? It could be an ulcer or a few other things. I had an ulcer post op a couple years but I had serious pain-doubled over pain. If your thowing up is acid like get to the doc for a scope and some meds.

Jen 11`+ yrs post op RNY

mbentz
on 8/26/13 12:45 am - Somerset, PA

Honey, you need to go get scoped.  There are any number of issues that it could be.  I'm am not a doctor so I'm not going to mention these issues.  Don't want to start any unnecessary worry or stress.  But the only way to solve this mystery is to call your doctor.  Please do that as soon as possible. 

HW 282  SW 270  GW 160  CW 150
Most Active