One Year Post Op

ms_ella78
on 9/26/13 10:50 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 09/18/12

My highest weight ever was 520. I started watching what I ate and got down to 498. Knew I just couldn't do it alone so I decided to ask for help. On September 18, 2012 I had the Gastric Bypass. I lost an addition 20 pounds right before surgery just drinking protein shakes and salads for dinner. I was hungry all the time but knew it was time to stop letting food control my life. I was 470 on the day of my surgery. Since then I have lost 173 pounds. I have lost a total of 201 since asking for help. I now weigh 297 pounds. My goal is to get to 165 at least. I have a long way to go but look where I have come from..I'm so focused on where I'm going...Will keep posted...Wish me luck. 

Anyone reading this California..Los Angeles or surrounding areas friend me please. We can continue to support each other.

swtmelissa
on 9/26/13 11:27 am - West Allis, WI

Good Luck Ms Ella, and congrats on your huge progress!!
You seem very determined and you CAN do this!! You have come so far, don't loose sight of your goal!! OH is such a great place for support.  great resource! Keep us posted :)

Melissa

Mimisocks
on 9/26/13 11:35 am - PA
RNY on 07/08/13

I am so happy for your weight loss and your determination to change your life!  Keep up the good work!

Believe in yourself and don't ever stop dreaming!

Patm
on 9/26/13 12:29 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

You have come so far in only one year. I am sure you will make whatever goal you set for yourself

Member Services
on 9/26/13 12:38 pm - Irvine, CA

You have had an amazing journey so far.  Thank you for sharing it with us.  Congratulations on all you have accomplished.

angry

babygurl719
on 9/26/13 3:23 pm

I'm not from LA, I'm from the New York Area but hey support is support.  I had the Gastric Bypass 8 years ago and Just underwent the BOB..Or band over bypass.  thought I felt like  a failure because I gained 45 lbs and I cant seem to get them off.  I lost a total of 125 my highest weight was 296. My lowest was 171.  Recently in the last 4 years I have gained back 45 lbs and am very fearful I may gain it all back and decided to have the band in hopes to help me.  At first I felt like I failed but now I'm thinking I actually stopped myself from failing by trying all I can to succeed.  Your journey sound amazing! I'm so happy for you.  I wish you much continued happiness and if you ever need to just vent well I'm here...

kellyg2013
on 9/27/13 11:46 pm
Great accomplishment! Keep it up you'll be at your goal before you know it.
Most Active