3 days out

cindylou59
on 10/4/13 11:57 am

surgery on Tuesday. it has been a terrible experience so far. I regret having it done.

mrseveland
on 10/4/13 2:28 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that.  What has gone wrong, or why do you regret it? 

MrsEveland

Highest weight: 304     Surgery weight: 242     Goal weight: 140

omiomezzo
on 10/4/13 10:37 pm
RNY on 09/19/13

Have you had complications?  I would say the first 3 days are the worst.  I didn't have any food for 3 full days (the night before surgery until the day I was sent home) and if your experience was anything like mine, that time was the worst of it.  Although I have had an easy recovery, I have found myself ponder the thought "What did I get myself into?", but then that thought is always trumped by a positive result of the surgery.  Try and stay focused on the results you will see as a result from making this life changing choice.

367 (HW)       357 (SW)          180 (GW)

Member Services
on 10/5/13 2:34 am - Irvine, CA

We are sorry to hear that you are going through this.  Please let us know why you are having a negative experience.  There are probably OH members with similar stories about their post-op issues and they may be able to help you.  We hope to hear from you soon.

Best wishes.

textulip
on 10/5/13 11:30 am

I  have heard that everyone has that "Why did I do this to myself?" moment. I was doing incredibly well for the first week post-op, but during the second week, I started to experience a lot of pain and I cried a lot. I asked myself why I would do this, but I am already feeling better! I don't regret it at all. You will get past this. I'm curious to know why it's been a terrible experience. There are members who have quite possibly gone through whatever it is you're dealing with and can give you advice. Let us know how things are going. Wishing you the best of luck!

cindylou59
on 10/6/13 4:23 pm
My husband was doing usual activities 2 days after coming home.

I had to stay an extra day in the hospital.

I'm experiencing considerable pain. I cannot take any codeine related meds, so I have no pain meds!

I repeatedly told every nurse, cna, doctor, dietitian, etc that I was highly allergic to aspartame and artificial sweeteners. Day after surgery I was brought cranberry juice ****tail, which is NOT juice and is loaded with high fructose corn syrup!

My headache started the day after surgery. The nurse just kept giving me more morphine!

After arriving at home ( and suffering with a migraine for 2 days) I realized the chewable multivitamin recommended was loaded with aspartame! I tossed them in the trash immediately.

Aspartame, nutrasweet, or other artificial sweeteners increase hunger! They are a poison. Stay away from them.
Most Active