Insurance question

PNGmom
on 10/17/13 3:49 am - Port Neches, TX

I have been on the journey since June 2013. I have done all my nutrition classes, my 90 day waiting period, lost my 10 lbs that was required. I completed all that on Sept 18. Now I waiting on the insurance company for approval. How long did it take you to get your  approval? I have Aenta insurance.

Thanks Rose

Member Services
on 10/17/13 5:16 am - Irvine, CA

Hello,

Congratulations on taking charge of your health    If you have not done so, please post this question on our insurance forum.

Insurance, Cash Pay and Financing

PNGmom
on 10/17/13 5:21 am - Port Neches, TX
Ok thanks
angeleigh
on 10/17/13 5:30 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Wow with my plan with Aetna I had to do 7 months visits under a doc supervised weight loss program, 2 nutrition visits, cardio, psychology, and 2 year weight history. Once that was all submitted it took about 3 weeks for the doctors office to get an answer, but I called after 2 weeks and was told it was approved.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

SandieMc49
on 10/17/13 5:57 am

Hi Rose

1. Verify with your surgeon's office that they have sent in all the information required and get the date they sent the info to your insurance company.

2.  If it's been 5 business days - feel free to call the insurance company.  Let them know you are anxious to hear, and ask them if the request has been processed. 

We (meaning *I* work in health insurance) have no problems talking with members and answering their questions and passing on information if we have it!  It's a pleasure to speak with pleasant people and we like giving them good news.  But do know that there are certain time frames that may need to be respected.  That means, the insurance company may contractually have a certain number of days to respond to a request for a procedure and that can vary based on the back log of requests versus available manpower. 

Here's wishing you good news soon!

Sandie

PNGmom
on 10/17/13 8:24 am - Port Neches, TX
Thanks sandiemc49

I will call them first thing in the morning. The last time I here anything from the surgeon office was last Friday saying the insurance company needed to know if I'd had a sleep apnea test. Thanks again
Lianne D.
on 10/17/13 11:36 am - Burnsville, MN
RNY on 10/14/13
Well I dont have athena I have cigna and normally it takes 7-10 business days for review "IF" they make it easy. Cigna stalled on my approval over one month. Not to sound discouraging but just the reality of the insurance biz. Good luck w/everything
mrseveland
on 10/17/13 1:49 pm

WOW, I have Aetna and I'm jealous!!!  I started in June 2012 with orientation and then a six month class, two month class, 10% loss, and soooooo many pre-op appointments, of course with lengthy authorization waits between them all.  I'm hoping to have my sleeve in December 2013, a full 18 months after starting this journey. 

MrsEveland

Highest weight: 304     Surgery weight: 242     Goal weight: 140

Most Active