Sleeve Scheduled on 11-12-13 !!!

iDeserveThis
on 11/5/13 2:05 am
VSG on 11/12/13

Sleeve Scheduled on 11-12-13 in the Dallas area - anyone else???  Very excited and not nervous, yet.  Started my pre-op liquid diet yesterday and have a massive headache today.   Any suggestions?  Tylenol just isn't working.

abrooke1976
on 11/5/13 4:07 am

Congratulations!! I am so excited about surgery but it won't be until the spring. I'm sorry but I do not have advice but I am also using Dr. Kim and I just wanted to see what your thoughts are on him so far?

megsmatilda
on 11/5/13 9:51 am

My sleeve surgery  the 18th of November in Houston. What  you eating? Caloric intake?

Congratulations

iDeserveThis
on 11/5/13 11:28 pm
VSG on 11/12/13

I am currently doing the pre-op liquid diet so the only things I am consuming are 5 protein shakes made with water (provided by D. Kim) plus 1 cup of broth mid-day, plus lots and lots of sugar free flavored water.  (Not sure the exact calorie intake but I think it is about 800.)  This morning I actually had a little bit of Sugar Free Jello... made with 1/2 the water so it was a little chewy.   I have been hungry but not horribly hungry.  The worst part has been the headache and I will say making dinner for the family isn't easy.  Last night I made them salad so at least the house wasn't filled with the smell of food cooking... I don't think they will go for that for too many days though. LOL.

Jen Lyn
on 11/6/13 10:15 am
RNY on 11/11/13

Hello. Are you having surgery at texas general? I am on Monday with Dr. Kim..

I had a headache but it went away. I don't know if it matters but i drank extra water and a cup of tea per day.

I am nervous.  I read up on failed surgeries and freaked myself out.  I don't recommend that.

iDeserveThis
on 11/8/13 1:55 am
VSG on 11/12/13

Surgery is at Victory Medical...  My headache took 2 days to get better... I finally feel much better today  but  today I am feeling hungry for the 1st time really.     I am not nervous, well... I read too many posts the last few days that talked about the pain in the hospital... so, I guess I am now nervous about that.  However, I am soooo ready  and  I am soooo confident that I will make this work!   

Karen M.
on 11/10/13 8:52 am

Good Luck !!!   I have read such bad  reviews on his bed side manner and staffs. Have you read his reviews so many dissatisfied unhappy patients. Hope you have better luck.

iDeserveThis
on 11/10/13 9:05 am
VSG on 11/12/13

I have met him twice and both times he has been very nice. Very funny and down to earth.  The women at his office, those that I have met, are all nice and seem to genuinely want to help.  Same thing at Victory... all very pleasant.

Somedude
on 11/10/13 6:31 pm
VSG on 10/31/13

Good luck! You should be fine.

Most Active