Hello VSG'rs. :)

sunshine66
on 11/11/13 11:24 am
I haven't been on the forum in awhile. Things have been going tremendously well for me. I had surgery the end of June and I'm down about 89lbs from my heaviest. My weight loss has slowed down to about 2-3 lbs every 10 days. Myroblem is exercise. I have not gotten into a groove of working out or even just walking. I know that would really boost my weight loss. I am just so tired when I get home I hate getting back out to workout!!

On a happy note I feel so good and just had blood work & vitals taken. All my numbers were fabulous. Still have a ways to go on weight loss, but getting so close.

Hang in there if your on the fence about having VSG'RS. The BEST thing I've ever done for myself. Wish I lived close to some of the old timers to push me (Lina) has been a great inspiration to me from the beginning!!! Now I'm thinking plastic surgery for a pull & tuck here & there!!! . What a feeling!!!!! Life is good.
Tracy D.
on 11/11/13 10:15 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Nice job, Sunshine!  Exercise is important but it's not really so much about increasing the weight loss.  It's about heart and lung health and maintaining your lean muscle mass.  THAT is super-important and why you want to exercise.  Weight loss is 80-90% what you put in your mouth every day.  The rest can be attributed to exercise. 

My tip on the exercise:  start off small.  I psyched myself into starting by telling myself all I had to do was 10 minutes and then I could quit.  10 minutes -- you can do anything for 10 minutes.  Then the next week I added a few more minutes...and the next week a couple more minutes.   Now I consistently do 30 minutes of exercise 5-6 days per week.  I switch it up between strength training and cardio with a little flexibility work done every day.

I'll never be the exercise fanatic that some people turn into after WLS.  And I never aspire to run a 5K, 10K or any type of K - lol!  But regular, consistent exercise is important for my mental health, joint health and cardiovascualr health and muscle strength.  So...JUST DO IT! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active