Full of Emotions

Rachael D.
on 11/23/13 1:07 pm
RNY on 11/25/13
My surgery is scheduled for Monday at 10:30. And I am a basket full of emotions. I have waited 10 years for this day but now I'm so anxious. I'm not worried at all about afterward, but I have never had surgery before and this is a MAJOR surgery. Did anyone else experience these feelings right before surgery?

Highest Weight: 345 Surgery Weight: 289 Current Weight: 260

TurnThePage
on 11/23/13 1:45 pm

Yep, every one gets the jitters.  Not to worry though, you'll be fine!  

MrsLitch
on 11/23/13 3:12 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Even though I had several surgeries before, and now 2 since I still get jittery. I always type letters to my loved ones and save them to a folder on my desktop for them to read if something happens. I always make sure all the ins. papers and imp. documents are in a folder in my drawer and my adult daughter knows where they are. But what really got me past jittery and onto ready for the rny was looking at before and after pics the entire weekend prior to my Monday surgery. By the time I got there I was so excited I forgot the jitters!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Mary Gee
on 11/23/13 5:37 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

What you're experiencing is normal - read the boards and you'll see everyone was nervous - and just about everyone says they'd do it again in a heartbeat.  You'll do great and even though on Thanksgiving you won't be enjoying a turkey dinner, you'll be giving thanks for sure!  Maybe you can have some turkey broth! ;)

Mary  

Most Active