3 weeks post op

PNGmom
on 12/17/13 2:31 am - Port Neches, TX

Just wanted to check in and let everybody know how its been going.

Day of pre-op diet, I weighed 265, day of my surgery (Nov 25, 2013) I weighed 250, now I weigh 233 lbs. And have lost about 2 dress sizes.

Everything went very good with my surgery, no problems. The only problem i having right now is getting all my liquids in (only drinking about 24 to 32 oz a day) and

getting all my protein in (about 20 to 30 grams a day). I just can't drink anymore protein drinks, protein water or yogurts. May be it will get better.

Any suggestions?

Cunning_Pam
on 12/17/13 2:44 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm glad your surgery went well! Good luck on a continued smooth recovery.

I know you know you have to increase your fluids...just keep working at it, you'll get there! I'm sure some vets will be along shortly to offer more concrete suggestions than I can give, but just wanted to cheer you on a little.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Heather D.
on 12/17/13 3:53 am

I'm 4 weeks out and am still having troubles with my fluids. Started purées last week and that has helped with alternate forms of protein. Seafoods and shellfish are going down quite well and for an extra protein boost with my tuna or crab salad, I mix it with plain Greek yogurt (fage seems to work bed for me) instead of mayo. I also found nectar fruit juice like protein- loving the grape and wild cherry. The grape by itself is too sweet for me but mixed with crystal light lemonade, it's perfect! Fluids in the morning are tough as nothing seems to want to go down easy. After lunchtime, things seem to go down better. Plain hot or iced tea has been the easiest for me to get down. I'm averaging 40-50oz a day but getting there. Hope some of this helps!!

PetHairMagnet
on 12/17/13 7:29 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I had RNY and keep a 24 oz Tervis Tumbler with a straw on my bedside table and anytime I wake at night, I drink as much as I can. I normally get through it overnight. That helps keep me hydrated, but you really need to step it up or you could be at risk for dehydration and that is nothing to mess around with!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active