Insurance Approval Question.. harvard pilgrim

Darianna75
on 12/27/13 4:34 am
VSG on 02/21/14

i received my approval letter today in the mail!! Yeah for me and my soon to be new sleeve. My question is for anyone else who has harvard pilgrim. My approval letter in the top left corner says admission date 1/21/14 ... does this mean that is the date of my surgery?? i haven't heard from my surgeon yet about my approval and i haven't even had my second appointment with him. But all the other doc appointments are all finished! Im kinda having a mini panic attack cause it just became real. i opened an envelope and my entire life just changed. Let the nerves commence!!!

luvbskts
on 12/27/13 6:48 am

I don't have the same insurance but I had an odd date listed for my surgery too.  When I called the dr.'s office about it, they said that they just have to give a date in order to submit for approval.  My letter said that the approval was good for up to 1 yr.  I had the date of 11/27 and my actual surgery date was 12/17,

Darianna75
on 12/27/13 7:00 am
VSG on 02/21/14

Ok thank you!! 

taramills20
on 12/27/13 6:53 am
RNY on 03/04/14

Congrats. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/13 12:27 pm - GA

I have HP insurance and my online approval date was a week earlier then my actual surgery date.  It's common for doctors office to give insurance a date.  It's not always the actual date.  Congrats on the approval !  

Most Active