One week postop and I'm definitely not ready for Spanx...

mustlovepoodles
on 1/8/14 10:46 am
VSG on 12/31/13

Oh, my. I went back to Chamber Choir tonight and decided to look through my clothes and pick out something nice in a smaller size. Eureka! It fits!  Oops, what's that I see?  The top is a wee bit too short and a tiny bit of my stomach is peeking out. No problem, I'll put on a camisole. Drat! The only one clean is black and my pants are blue. Tried it on anyway. Nope, not gonna work. Bright idea~! I have some old Spanx from about 1000 years ago.  I'll try that! 

Woo, boy...That was a struggle, but i got it up high enough to keep my pants up and my top down. And I admit, I had a little bit of a waist and some nice boobs. Chamber Choir was about 2 hours. In the Spanx. By the time I got home I was about to wet my pants and the upper band was riding across 3 incisions. I pulled the steri strips right off one of them when I pulled them off.  Ah, sweet relief...I can let my whole stomach hang out at home and nobody cares...

I think I'll put that off for another couple of weeks

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

Member Services
on 1/8/14 10:53 am - Irvine, CA

What a great story, thanks for sharing!  We all could feel that deep breath as you took your clothes off and "Let it all Hang out".  

ScrappinMama1127
on 1/8/14 11:02 am

hey...how are you doing one week out?  What sort of chamber choir are you involved in??

I am just beginning this journey and considering the VSG...

mustlovepoodles
on 1/8/14 11:55 am
VSG on 12/31/13

We have a regular choir and a Chamber Choir at church. We sing a variety of music in the regular choir, but the Chamber Choir has more difficulty, usually classical music, sometimes as early as the 1300s. It can be rather strenuous but I love it.

I'm doing well. I feel like a turned a corner about 2 days ago. Since then I've been totally off pain meds, even Tylenol. I'm walking and riding the recumbent bike. Honestly, this has been a fairly easy experience. I had a few complications in the hospital, so they kept me 4 nights to work that out. Since leaving the hospital I haven't had the first bit of trouble. I haven't vomited once. Of course, I am obeying orders to the letter. 

I had a dream last night where i was fixing lunch for my kids. At one point I could taste and feel the sensation of cookie crumbs in my mouth!  In the dream, I was horrified and spit them out right away. I woke up in a cold sweat!  indecision

HW: 229 ; SW: 208 (-21);  GW: 125

Wt. Loss:   M1: 189 -(19)  M2: 178 (-11)  M3: 172 (-5)  M4: 170 (-2)  M5: 166 (-4)

miss_muffet
on 1/8/14 1:27 pm - WA
VSG on 12/31/13

Good to hear your doing well! I was also sleeved on 12/31 and I'm surprised how quick recovery has been. With that being said, I also tried a slimming garment....BF was picking me up for a little mall waking. I wanted to look nice since up to that point he's only seen me in sloppy stretch pants post-op.

All I can say was thank goodness I didn't have to sit down too long and what a blessed relief it was when he dropped me at home and I stripped the thing off. WOW, back to stretch pants for a few more days. 

LOL 

H 5' 4" | A 49+ | HW 250 | SW 226 | CW 171

Goal 140 / Fantasy Goal 128

Carrie Q.
on 1/8/14 10:01 pm
RNY on 11/04/13

Thanks for posting this!  I love when people don't take themselves too seriously and can see the humor in this journey.  I definitely approach it the same way.  Plus...I love some spanx!  A great story to read first thing this morning.

Patm
on 1/9/14 12:30 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I went into a department store and decided to try on some shape wear. I picked up a medium figuring most of my clothes are this size. Well I go it as far as over my head and started to pull it down when I got stuck! I couldn't pull it down or off. There was no attendant in the change room and I was about to start hollering for help when I finally got it off. Someone told ma after that you shopuld step into it and pull up. I think I will just let what skin I have hang out!

AnneGG
on 1/9/14 10:24 am

Oh, my, bless you for your story- got a good empathetic laugh out of it- been there, done that, got the t-shirt, sent the postcard! I keep Spanx in business these days. 

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active