Super Dry Mouth

sjfrank
on 1/27/14 1:32 am

I am two weeks out of gastric bypass and am having some real dry mouth issues. I have always had some problems with this and it was somewhat helped by my CPAP machine. However since my surgery even that hasn't help and my dry mouth is really bad. 

Anyone else run into this? If so how did you handle this? 

poet_kelly
on 1/27/14 2:05 am - OH

How much liquid are you drinking?  Are you on any new meds?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TurnThePage
on 1/27/14 2:18 am

Try Biotene mouth rinse and similar products which help with dry mouth.  It can be caused by some medications--check with your doctor. Dry heat in the winter can make things worse.  on-going dry mouth can cause major dental problems, so also talk to your dentist.

PetHairMagnet
on 1/27/14 3:38 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I had to brush my teeth about a dozen times a day the first month or so after surgery. I chewed mint gum like crazy and used Biotene. I was drinking like a fiend, but the ultra thirst persisted for a while. It should go away soon! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

huskergalWsD
on 1/28/14 12:08 am

I didnt have this issue right after wls, but I recently started with very dry mouth every morning for about 3 weeks now,and its the only time i have it. I believe I don't drink enough water also believe its from this medication called Plavix i am on..

7stents (2003)...Heart Attack(2004)...Open Heart (2004)....Wls (2007)...Heart attack 2012...1 stent (2012)...Heart Attack (2013)...Heart Attack (2013)...1 stent(2013)
~~~Best Vitamin For Making Friends  B1~~~

Most Active