A lot easier than I thought

Steve S.
on 2/7/14 2:23 am - Hometown, IL
RNY on 03/17/14

I was nervous about getting the process going, but I have to say it could not be any easier !!  I called my insurance (BCBS) and they found Dr Cahill who was in my network.  His office told me who I had to make appoints with.  20 min session with the physc and I was cleard by her.  Then a 20 min session with Cahill yesterday and its off for insuance approval.   He is saying we are looking to get it done in early March.  I only started this process in the middle of January.  Reading and talking with people that have had this done before, this is such a huge differnece from what they all told me. 

AnneGG
on 2/7/14 3:09 am

I'm glad for you your process is going to be so fast!

I would do my surgery again in a heartbeat, much less reluctantly than I went into it. It takes a lot of lifetime work to stay successful with the weight loss, but it sure has been worth it to me!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

kkaine
on 2/7/14 7:45 am
RNY on 03/24/14 with

I too have found the proccess pretty easy.. had my info meeting in November and am scheduled for surgery at the end of March.

sunspray
on 2/7/14 8:44 am

Me too. It took MONTHS to get the referral from my primary dr to a surgeon but I got the referral on 1/14 and today I was informed insurance approved and my surgery date is 2/19.

Alma_Barillas
on 2/7/14 2:09 pm
RNY on 12/20/13

GoodLuck!

The Best Is Yet To Come

TexasTerritory
on 2/8/14 6:35 am, edited 2/8/14 6:35 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I have BCBS TX and my process was quick and painless. Good luck.

Most Active