How long did it take for you to start feeling normal?

theamazingtif
on 3/22/14 9:44 am - Rockwall, TX

I'm almost a month post op. I've gotten better for sure but I've still got a ways to go. When did you really start to feel like yourself?  My regular MD thinks it's 6-8 weeks. What was your experience?  I'm not complaining but I'm tired of being tired ALL the time. 

Laura in Texas
on 3/22/14 9:57 am

It took 6 months for me to fully get my energy back. I was exhausted before that point. I had also lost 100 pounds by then and was feeling great.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

theamazingtif
on 3/22/14 9:59 am - Rockwall, TX

Good to hear!  I'm down 27lbs but I just don't care yet. 

Crystal82
on 3/22/14 10:47 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14

I took 6weeks off work and once I got back to work I started to feel normal. I'm now almost 11 weeks out, 62 lbs down, and I'm feeling better then normal! Still lots of adjustments but all for the better........and feeling great! 

It will happen! Good luck!!

Surgery January 6, 2014!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/22/14 11:49 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I just wanted to say that I felt the same way at one month out.  In fact, at 3 weeks, I was still feeling some pain on my left side -- and I was definitely more exhausted that normal.  I went back to work (on my feet) at 2 weeks -- and I would come home and just sit.  My doctor told me that there seems to be something magic about 8 weeks out.  I think that he was right.  I am now at 12 weeks and I have never felt better!! 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/14 2:16 am

I am only five months post-op.I do get tired once in a while.But I can walk the mall a lot longer than I used to.Just follow your plan and take your vitamins. You had major surgery it does take a while for our bodies to adjust.Everyone is different.Some people bounce back faster than others.

I think the reason why I do get tired now is because I don't always sleep well all time.

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/14 2:50 am

I am 3 weeks out and wondering the same thing.  I just feel blah and on the brink of tears all the time.  I want my old lifestyle back, realizing this is forever scares me sometimes.  Just trying to remember what the vets say "it gets better".

theamazingtif
on 3/24/14 7:49 am - Rockwall, TX

I still have quite a bit of pain. I had a big hernia below my belly button that was repaired at the same time. I'm sure that's made it harder for me. Between the pain, nausea, gas, and now dry heaving I really can't wait to get to the better part. 

Most Active