Hi I am a new member!

vicki364
on 3/30/14 1:53 am

Hi everyone!  I am new member here.  I had my sleeve on February 26.  I have lost 30 pounds so far and I am on the semi regular phase of eating.  I do have a question for you.  I can only eat about 10 bites and then I feel terrible for about 15 minutes after I eat.  Then I am ok.  Does anyone else feel this way?  I can eat fish ok but chicken does not do well.  I usually stick to things like greek yogurt and cottage cheese and eggs.  Thanks for any input and I am excited to talk with others who know what it is like!!

TexasTerritory
on 3/30/14 2:03 am
VSG on 07/22/13
You are probably consuming too much at one time. Are you measuring your portions? 1-2 ounces is an usual amount to consume this early out. You might want to post to the VSG forum for more advice.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/30/14 6:52 am
RNY on 08/05/19

A few ideas:

• How much are you eating in one sitting? If you eat more than your sleeve will hold, you will probably feel queasy.
  • How big are your bites? Large pieces of food may get stuck, so smaller pieces chewed thoroughly work better.
  • Are you waiting 20-30 minutes after drinking until you eat? If there's water in your stomach, there's less room for food, which may cause issues.
  • Does your doctor have you on a PPI? Some people have trouble with acid which makes it difficult to eat some foods. (I couldn't handle eggs until I'd been on my PPI, Dexilant, for a few weeks.)

If in doubt, call your doctor's office, they can always help out.

Welcome to the boards, and congrats on your success so far! :-D

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active