Unusual question here........

artist4life92768
on 4/3/14 9:51 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 01/05/15

Does anyone know if there is a "ribbon" or a specific color for WLS? I would like to get a tattoo after surgery to commemerate my accomplishment. If there isn't one, any suggestions? :         

Jamie A.
on 4/3/14 10:34 am - Forest Lake, MN
VSG on 04/07/14

What I have found Is that it is a purple ribbon with gold around the edge. 

csbsteph
on 4/3/14 10:41 am - AL
VSG on 03/13/14

this raised my curiosity too...I found some lists of awareness ribbon color meanings... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awareness_ribbons periwinkle is for eating disorders but I didn't find weight loss.  I've seen some people get "never again" tattoos or "never again" with their starting weight-goal weight.  Or of course butterflies.  Good luck in finding something that you like.

With God ALL things are possible! VSG 3/13/14 Dr. John Mathews

artist4life92768
on 4/3/14 11:28 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 01/05/15

Good thought! Maybe I will combine the ideas.....a butterfly with gold and purple/periwinkle swoosh behind it. Maybe I will put the dates in the swoosh or the wings. Thanks you two! :o)

chevtow41
on 4/3/14 11:47 am
DS on 11/11/14

I was just telling my wife that when I lose my weight and stay steady, I am going to get my high weight with a line drawn through it (like ghostbuster logo) tattooed on my shoulder. That way I can never forget where I started.

JenniPenny
on 4/4/14 4:16 am - MN

I have a very small 3 1/2" scar on my stomach from my Open RNY. I always wanted to get a zipper tattooed there as a joke. Many women in my support group have gotten butterfly

tattoo's signifying rebirth and a new way of life.

jen 12+ yrs post op RNY

pebtash
on 4/4/14 11:59 pm
VSG on 11/25/14

I like doing ribbons also. When my son had leukemia I finally found the color was orange. There are websites out there that have all kinds of colors for just about everything under the sun just do a little research. After reading some of the replies to your question I really like the ideas of tattoos since I have a couple myself. Good luck everyone.

Cunning_Pam
on 4/5/14 1:28 am, edited 4/5/14 1:28 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I found an interesting page with some ribbon color information - Cause Ribbon Colors. It's amazing how many colors have multiple uses! It makes me wonder how much meaning there is in something that can be a symbol of so many different things, to be honest. There's a note at the bottom saying that some of these ribbons may be copyrighted, and that using a copyrighted color or color combination may open you up to lawsuits. (Really? We can copyright colors now? Sheesh.) The butterfly/purple ribbon combination is currently used for Lupus awareness, apparently. 

I hope you come up with something both nice looking and distinctive.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active