Suddenly Scared!

VSG_VET
on 4/8/14 12:39 pm

OMG! I have my last preop appointment next week, then its off to see the surgeon and set the date. I've seen lots of people say that were suddenly afraid but never thought it would be me. Well suddenly I am scared ****less. WHAT THE HELL?

RRach
on 4/8/14 1:00 pm

I think it is normal. But you will probably feel at ease when you get to discuss the date. :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/14 1:01 pm

Totally normal feelings!  Who knew we could feel so many emotions at once?  Just know you are in control up until the minute they give you anesthesia😜. You will do great!

VSG_VET
on 4/8/14 1:24 pm

Thanks so much. I've never had major surgery or even spent the night in the hospital. All of sudden it all got REAL! lol

HarvestMoon1974
on 4/8/14 6:39 pm - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

I was fine, right up until they wheeled me into the OR. At that point, I almost jumped off of the stretcher and made a break for it. lol

Luckily, my surgeon could see it in my face, and he took my hand and told me he would take good care of me, and I'd be fine. I felt so much better, because it was obvious he really meant it. It's perfectly normal to be scared when you're facing something as big as WLS. You'll be fine, and before long you'll be joining the rest of us on the loser's bench.

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

(deactivated member)
on 4/8/14 11:26 pm
RNY on 04/10/14

I completely understand what you are saying!  I have been fine through this whole thing - 100% sure of myself and my decision.  Then yesterday I started my 2-day liquid diet and I started to panic.  OMG!  What have I done?  What am I doing??  Can I do this?  Will I live through surgery? Should I change my mind?  I pretty much freaked out. Today I am better and back to being sure of my decision to have surgery tomorrow.  By reading other posts I think it is pretty normal to be afraid and freak out a little bit.  It passes . . .

AnneGG
on 4/8/14 11:34 pm

I was scared out of my gourd, and had buyer's remorse for awhile right after my surgery. Now I wish I had done it sooner.

I suggest just walking through your fear- most things worthwhile in life are risky.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active