Hello everyone!!

squirrellee69
on 4/14/14 6:19 am

I am new to this sight but love it already. I start my 8 day fast tomorrow and surgery is next Wednesday for the sleeve!! Would love to get to know some great people on here. I love giving encouragement and I am a great listener. We all share in a common problem and I don't want to go it alone!!!

AnneGG
on 4/14/14 8:48 am

Hey, welcome! The week is going to fly by!

Good luck with your surgery!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

squirrellee69
on 4/14/14 11:49 am

Thanks Anne!!!!! HUGGSSS!!!

gabby169kitty
on 4/14/14 11:51 am

You won't go it alone as long as you stick around here!!

Surgery will be hopefully in October or November 2014, with Dr. Megan Gilmore

squirrellee69
on 4/14/14 11:55 am

Thank you Gabby!!!! I am clinging to this site!!!!

pebtash
on 4/14/14 12:17 pm
VSG on 11/25/14

Hello and welcome. I am new here too. I just started my journey. It will take me about 7 months to finish so I can get a surgery date. My insurance is requiring a 6 month medically supervised weight loss diet. Before I do that I want to go to the weight loss clinic for my first appointment. That isn't until May 16. because I am going on vacation. Your lucky that you only have a 8 day fast I seen some people here that have had a lot longer than that. I'm sure you will do just fine. IF you have problems with it just get on here and tell people I am finding that everyone is so helpful here. I think you will enjoy this site very much. It's the first thing i do in the mornings now. Any way good luck with your fast. Please let us know how it goes.

squirrellee69
on 4/14/14 1:53 pm

Hello Pebtash!!! I would love to walk through your journey with you. I have already done the 6 + months of supervised weight loss classes and training on bariatric needs after surgery. I learned so much during this process about myself and I am sure you will too!!! Enjoy your vacation and please keep me informed on how you are doing as well!!!!!

Tammy

~All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.~ Anatole France

pebtash
on 5/11/14 11:28 am
VSG on 11/25/14

Thanks, We are back from our vacation and my first appointment is Friday. I will learn there whether or not they think my insurance will cover this or not. And get all my questions answered. I'm very excited to find out what will happen. I did decide though if they think my insurance isn't going to cover this then I am going to Mexico.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 4/14/14 11:49 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

Hello and just to let you know there is a sleeve specific board where you may be able to get help as well. Also if you have any questions I am a vet by no means but will be glad to answer them best I can.

Most Active