13 days out!

happygurl429
on 5/15/14 10:53 am - Belleville, MI

Well my revision from band to.sleeve was very successful! Today is day 13 post surgery. No complications and I am feeling great. As of today, I've lost19 lbs! I can't believe how much I've lost this quickly. I truly thought it would take longer since I'm a revision. What have others experienced as far as weight loss progress post revision?

I'm on the liquids stage and tomorrow starts full liquids/pureed foods. I'm nervous about this stage because it will really test my sleeve. I've been sticking to my protein shakes, cream soups, popsicles and thinned malt O meal.I get full after eating 3 to 4 ounces. I've learned if ieat any more than that, I feel miserable. So Ii am learning to stop before I get to that point.  I've tried cottage cheese pureed and thinned but when I eat it, I've noticed a bit of pain. I don't think that is a good thing. Anyone else have this problem?

I'd love to hear from others at the same stage i am in. 

Thanks everyone!

Christina

Darkwingdc
on 5/18/14 12:42 pm - MI

I am also 13 days out had RNY May 6.  I have been eating 3 oz of cottage cheese in the morning and then three oz of rem soup in the evening.  I get to start pureed foods on Wednesday.  I have had no problem eating the cottage cheese but I only give myself the 3 oz. 

cathync57
on 5/26/14 12:57 pm, edited 5/26/14 12:57 pm
VSG on 05/05/14

I am 3 weeks out and have lost 14 lbs. I had a stall and have started losing again. I agree, more than 3-4 oz makes me miserable! Band to VSG revision too.

happygurl429
on 5/26/14 1:09 pm - Belleville, MI

Hi Cathy. Congrats on your loss so far! I love tp hear from others that revised from the band.  So farV im really happy with the vsg. This is what the band was meant to do!

Today is day 24 post surgery. I've lost 22 lbs. I've had a stall and hoping I start losing again soon. Today I ate one rib, about two ounces of potato salad mashed up and about an ounce of baked beans mashed. I was very full. I am curious if it's normal to eat this much at this atage? Everything was very soft...but it just seems like a lot. 

Hope to stay in touch!

Christina

Most Active