I'm worried about no protein

Tracy3
on 5/18/14 3:09 am

Hi Everyone, I'm 1 month post op gastric bypass on the 23rd & I'm really worried. I only eat maybe 2 Tablespoons & I can't get in any protein. I'm so afraid of not getting my nutrition  i need. any help would be awesome. I'm weak & feel sick most of the time. i do get in liquid. but the protein shakes make me really sick..If i do eat i feel sick afterward. 

Valerie G.
on 5/18/14 3:14 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You should probably try a different protein.  Some are intolerat to whey, which has lactose.  I suggest trying egg white or soy protein ad see how that goes.  For liquids, you should be getting in 64oz daily.  If you're not getting anywhere close to that, the sick feeling could be due to dehydration, too.  If you're cleared for food, try somethig soft and easy.  Eggs and ricotta cheese are good sources of protein.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Linda_S
on 5/18/14 3:57 am - Eugene, OR

If you really have that much difficulty, you should go back to your surgeon.  You do need to be able to eat to live.  When you say no protein, do you mean you just can't tolerate the shakes, or can you not eat yogurt (not the plastic stuff with sugar in it, but real yogurt), scrambled eggs, maybe some beans?  You should be able to eat about 1/4 cup of some sort of semi-solid food.  If you can't, you might have a stricture.  Please see your doctor.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Tracy3
on 5/18/14 10:46 pm

Thank you Everyone, I have appt. today ..So we will see whats going on. Thank you for your help, it's  all so new to me. I hope it does get better :)

Most Active