How toget started?

galia_62801
on 6/10/14 8:08 am

Hello,Im stuck on what to do.I want to go to the meetings,my sis said I have to go to Herrin,illinois.That is a drive.I live in centralia,illinois.I found something online that I can go to Mt.Vernon for the meetings at holiday inn.Starts next month every monday.I dont now if this is right thou.(Is there anyone in my area that is gona get WLS? We could go together and be support for each other. I cant seem to find out if there is a surgeon in Mt.Vernon or if I will have togo to Herrin,illinois.And well ...here is the problem,I am on s.s disability and the only insurance I have is a illinois medical card. Has anyone had the medical card pay for this?My sis and I argue about this.She said it does.I have not idea where to start at,who to talk to or anything.Can anyone tell me what I need to do?And what steps that you took threw this jouney.Many Blessing to you-all!!

poet_kelly
on 6/10/14 9:46 am - OH

Call the number on your insurance card and ask if your policy covers WLS. 

I'm not sure what meetings you are talking about going to.  I did not have to go to any meetings.  If you don't even know if your insurance covers WLS, how do you know if you need to go to some meetings or not?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

hollykim
on 6/10/14 10:04 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

are. You talking about monthly support group meetings or the surgeons informational meeting?

The place to start is with your insurance provider. A call to them will tell you of Wls is covered and they should be able to give you the names of surgeons in your area that do Wls and are a part of your plan. 

GL

Valerie G.
on 6/10/14 11:45 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

I'm sure even the Illinois health card has a number to call and ask questions.  Call and ask if wls is covered, what procedures you can get, and if they can point you to participating surgeons.  Also ask what is required to get approved from them. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active