What can I eat

phillygirl215
on 6/13/14 8:18 am
RNY on 05/07/14

5 weeks out.. I'm i able to eat baked fries.. I made homemade hamburgers(baked) and fries.. 

Grim_Traveller
on 6/13/14 9:03 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Your doctor must have a plan you should be following. What's on that plan?

Use this time to discover permanent, healthy food choices. A burger once in a while is ok, but it shouldn't be a staple. But you should really stay away from fries. White carbs like fries just create cravings for more, and over time can play havoc with your blood sugar.

Lean protein first at every meal is the standard diet. You should be measuring your portions so you don't overdo it. And follow your surgeon's and dietician's program.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

phillygirl215
on 6/13/14 11:31 am
RNY on 05/07/14

Yeah your right.. I wasn't think about putting protein first.. I have been about to eat and not getting protein or calories as I should.. I was told tht at this stage I should be able to eat at least 600 calories for the day but I'm not there.. So I just want some crinkle fries and the burger had 31g of protein..I thought it would be ok so I post it.. For dinner I just had yogurt..  Thanks your post!!!

Mary Gee
on 6/13/14 1:39 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

You say your burger had 31 grams of protein -- when I look it up on myfitnesspal, 3 oz. of raw hamburger is 240 calories and 14.5 grams of protein -- so 6 oz. of burger would be 480 calories and 29 grams of protein.  3 oz. of crinkle cut fries are 150 calories and 3 grams of protein.  So that meal totaled 32 grams of protein and 630 calories.  What about carbohydrates?  Does your program limit them?  

Once you start eating "real food" after the pureed stage, you need to weigh and measure everything, and read labels or check out nutrient values on myfitnesspal.  Most programs call for protein first, then veggies next.  

Surgery is part of the big picture -- you also have to choose the right foods to eat that are within your doctor's program.

Good luck to you!

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

phillygirl215
on 6/13/14 2:15 pm
RNY on 05/07/14

Right but it turkey meat from butterball.. I scan it to my fitness pal.. Ground beef is 14.5g.. I have look at the ingredient.. I felt like it was a bad move so I never ate it.. I just have a yogurt.. I reallllly wanted to eat but I have control.. I was wondering if we was able to eat this.. This is not a everyday thing but I need to be told it not good.. Thanks for your reply I appreciate it!!!  

Mary gee I need the luck... Lol.. Good luck to u as well..

poet_kelly
on 6/13/14 9:31 pm - OH

Are fries on your surgeon's meal plan at just five weeks out?  Are you following your surgeon's plan?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

phillygirl215
on 6/14/14 1:13 am
RNY on 05/07/14

No fries are not on the plan.. Yes I'm  following the plan.. I was just wondering.. That's what I made for the family.. 

JenniPenny
on 6/14/14 6:44 am - MN

What does your doc want you on at week 5? I started hamburger at week 5 or 6. It was cooked and drained. Fries were not on my menu for a long time. (years). We don't need filler foods and we

don't need the carbs. At 5 weeks out you are starting over and learning new habits. Our diets now and for you for months to come are protein only or protein forward. Meat first, veggies if there's room and lastly fries or potatoes. I still don't do bread and very little potato. Time to learn new eating habits - healthy eating. Only foods that are good for us and we can use. We don't get anything nutritionally out of fries. Stick to meat and veggies when you're able. At 5 weeks out meals are still in Tablespoons so protein is the way to go.

Jen 13 yrs post op RNY

phillygirl215
on 6/14/14 7:54 am
RNY on 05/07/14

Ur right I need to avoid them.. Just so u kno I didn't eat it.. Dinner was already and I didn't have any reply so I just ate a yogurt..  Thanks for response.. 

Karen M.
on 6/14/14 6:48 am - Mississauga, Canada

Fries, baked or otherwise, are a no go, sorry. At 5 weeks out I was on soft(er) foods and focused entirely on getting protein in.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active