A question about post op pain

DelilahJO
on 6/13/14 12:38 pm

So I had my sleeve done may 21! I have done quite well since surgery not very much nausea or anything. I'm in my puréed stage and that's going well. My only problem seems to be this. My largest incision is above my belly button a little to the right. I know this will be the most sore because that's where they pulled my stomach etc etc. my pain is a little below the incision and by the end of the day it is just terrible. But go to sleep get up in the morning and feel good. I have another post op on Wednesday and YES I will address it with my doctor. So please none of those responses. Just wondering if this has been common for other people as well? I had 2 csections so to be honest this surgery was a piece of cake compared to the recovery my from children. I just want this pain to subside. 

Valerie G.
on 6/14/14 1:33 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

When I returned to work, I had some abdominal pain.  It wound up being because of the swivel office chair!  Go figure...

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

MickeyDee
on 6/15/14 7:03 pm

Not a sleeve person, myself, but I found it convenient to have some Lortab on hand for minor pain such as this.  It's a liquid codein/tylrnol mix, and only took about a tablespoon or so to help me sleep two nights or so.

Talk to your surgeon, it can't hurt.... 

Most Active