Went to the surgeon 6/23/14 for my consult!

Krys H.
on 6/24/14 7:35 pm - hemet, CA

So I am a canidate for surgery! I only need to complete 3 months of weigh****chers instead of 6 months because my BMI is 50. I have already completed 6 weeks of weigh****chers so I am half way done! I just need to get all my labs, ekg, ultrasound and psych eval done and of course finish WW my last weigh in will be August 14, 2014. Feeling pretty excited. I have been going through this process for a year because my PCP didn't know what he was talking about and since I did my own research on my insurance carrier I was able to get in to see the surgeon. Otherwise I would have been waiting almost 5 more months. So I have started the pre-op diet of no starch, low fat and very low carbs. I am feeling excited but don't want to share with too many people because there's so many negative people out there. I still need to lose 25 more lbs per Dr. Any words of encouragement of advice??

CHELLEYGIRL
on 6/25/14 2:01 am - PALMDALE, CA

You can do it! There is way to many negative people so stay away from them!  Time will go by so fast, then before you know it you'll be having your surgery! 

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

(deactivated member)
on 6/25/14 11:18 pm - Ringgold, GA
RNY on 04/01/14

How exciting!  Once you get your surgery date set, the time will fly!  But you do have plenty enough time to lose the 25 lbs...just hang in there.  I agree about the negative people, but hopefully those closest to you will be supportive...I'm so grateful for my family - they've been great through all this.  And the folks on this site are super encouraging and knowledgeable when you have questions.  Best wishes to you!!!

Most Active